This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Madness!

For those who do not recall, I work at Kroger. I had no less than 4 SCs on 4th of July. Lemme detail them all here for you.

1st SC:

My shift was from 4-11. I came in around 3:50, just, well, because, I happened to leave a little too early lol So I come in and walk by the service desk, where there's a small line forming. This couple near the back of the line asks me "Excuse me, do you work here?" I replied with the standard, "Sorry, I'm not on the clock." As I was walking away I hear the woman ask him "What did he say?" and the man actually said the following to her:

"He said he wasn't on the clock, that lazy jerk!"

Errr, what the freakin crap? Yes sir, I'm so sorry I didn't take time out of my personal life to help you with your problem. Would you like to come over for dinner so we can discuss it more? Moron

2nd SC:

Woman standing in line with her cart, complaining about the person in front of her not moving her basket forward til the very end of the order, causing more time to load the cart up. And this woman was complaining LOUDLY and angrily too. She was all "GOD, some people are so INCONSIDERATE! SHE CAN'T JUST PUSH HER CART UP AND SAVE US ALL TIME?!" Like, a real tantrum here. Now here's the kicker...she finishes unloading her cart...and...wait for it...wait for it...

SHE DOESN'T PUSH THE CART UP! How can yo usit there and complain about someone not doing something and then you not do it yourself?!

Her response at the end of the order? "Oh, sorry *pushes cart up*"

3rd SC:

Probably the worst one all day. I don't know the details of what she did at the service desk, but apparently it had something to do with writing a check for something or other over the limit of what we could take checks for, you know, for money back and stuff? Well, she was pulling out the old "Food Lion would do it!" card, which makes me question why she wasn't at Food Lion. So I have to help her out to the car with her order (she was an elderly woman). It wasn't much, just a 24 pakc of water and a few 12 packs of soda. Should be no problem, push the cart out, load it up, done. Back in 2 minutes.

No. God no. That woulda been too easy.

25 minutes. 25 minutes to unload a few things of soda and water into her car. You know why? She had the trunk loaded with all this crap that it oculdn't be set on, and we had to arrange it exactly right because, God forbid it goes in her back seat. It was horrible. Finally we managed to BARELY get everything into the trunk and I go back inside. Which brings me too...

4th SC:

Some elderly guy was trying to return a package of lettuce. IT was 9:15, the service desk closes at 9. The cashier tells him this, but the SC insists on returning it, because he got the wrong kind. The cashier tells him he can do an even exchange if they're the same price, but if they are different in price at all, it can't be done. The man then again repeats his request to return the lettuce. The cashier, again, repeats the only thing that can be done. The man inquires if the exchange can be done if the prices are close. The cashier...AGAIN...explains that if the prices are different at all, the exchange can't be done. Finally the man just gives up and goes to find it to see if they're the same price.

All in all, a pretty horrible day, work-wise anyways. I've had worse SCs than that, but never all of them at one time. They're mobilizing the attack force! They're beginning to attack in droves! Quick, everyone, hide under the registers, there will be no escape!
    Stop driving me insane, I'm already within walking distance!

Quoth Jaden
    1st SC:

Would you like to come over for dinner so we can discuss it more? Moron
    That one made me go into a fit of laughter.lol But really, dude get a life. I'm sure he dosent go into work early just so he can help people on his own time.
    Quoth Jaden
    2nd SC:

SHE DOESN'T PUSH THE CART UP! How can yo usit there and complain about someone not doing something and then you not do it yourself?!

Her response at the end of the order? "Oh, sorry *pushes cart up*"
    Of course she dosent mover her cart lol its sucky customer rules .
    Quoth Jaden
    3rd SC:
    What can I say . . .old people lol

Quoth Jaden
    4th SC:

They're mobilizing the attack force! They're beginning to attack in droves! Quick, everyone, hide under the registers, there will be no escape!
    ROFL !!!
    "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

You really gotta hand it to these people...they are enough to induce a coma. That takes a lot of stupidity to do that.
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Jaden
        "He said he wasn't on the clock, that lazy jerk!"

Errr, what the freakin crap? Yes sir, I'm so sorry I didn't take time out of my personal life to help you with your problem. Would you like to come over for dinner so we can discuss it more? Moron
        That's why anytime I was in that situation, I just answered "no", unless I was still in uniform, or anything else that made it obvious that I actually did.

I was in just such a situation on my day off at the home improvements store. I had just come from a job interview, and was wearing a suit, and I swung by my job to pick up my paycheck.

As soon as I stepped inside, I knew it was a mistake. Since I was wearing a suit, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone mistook me for a manager. And sure enough, someone walked up to me, and asked me if I worked there.

I figured if I let on that I did, she wouldn't have cared that it was my day off, and expected me to help her anyway. So I just politely told her no, and walked away. Besides, it wasn't a total lie. A few days later, I found out I had the job, so I didn't work there much longer anyway.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike
          I figured if I let on that I did, she wouldn't have cared that it was my day off, and expected me to help her anyway. So I just politely told her no, and walked away. Besides, it wasn't a total lie.
          Well, I wouldn't even call it a lie. You answer that lady's question. You were just psychic enough to know her real question. Which was "Are you the manager and can I bitch at you?"
          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
          X