This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird names....

So this weekend I had to work in Bristol (and ladies be reassured,there is nothing like a good set of Bristols to work with).
    I got to visit the Christmas Steps,There-and-Back-Again Lane,Made for Ever and of course couldn't resist the thrill of the Willy Wicket*

*at the other end of the line from the Wapping Wharf....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

My patriline ancestors came from Stepaside, Pem...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

There is a Chevy Chase Maryland....
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

My sister and I were once looking at a map of the Cornwall area, and laughed for ten minutes when we came across a town called Splatt.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          My sister and I were once looking at a map of the Cornwall area, and laughed for ten minutes when we came across a town called Splatt.
          The local aerodrome specializes in skydiving.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Pennsylvania has some good town names. Paradise, Blue Ball, and of course, the ever popular Intercourse....
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

My home town had a Blow St. and yes it was named after a real person a famous person.

In south eastern CheeseHeadLand there is the Bong Nature Reserve also named after a real person
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                In south eastern CheeseHeadLand there is the Bong Nature Reserve also named after a real person
                The Bong Bridge connecting Duluth, MN with Superior, CheeseHeadLand is also named after the same person.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

I've been to the town of Dildo here in Newfoundland. It's near Conception Bay. And there's also Come by Chance which is near Goobies.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                    The Bong Bridge connecting Duluth, MN with Superior, CheeseHeadLand is also named after the same person.
                    Richard????
                    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                      Richard????
                      Yes Richard Bong
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        Yes Richard Bong
                        Way back when in the south Pacific my Dad got to meet Maj. Bong when he toured the area after he received the MOH.
                        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

There is a town called Muff in Ireland. And they have a diving school.

(Don't mind me, I'll just stay over here giggling on the floor like a loon.)
                          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Cornwall excels at funky names....Sticker,He Was Water,Indian Queens,Come to Good,Mousehole,The Lizard....
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                            X