This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not even sure what to call this

To my knowledge, most if not all electronic detectors used in drive-through stations will not begin checking for a car until the previous one has moved, correct me if I am wrong on that, but I know that ours is like that.

So I take an order out to (there are so many names to use here, including but not limited to: bitch, entitlement whore, retard, but for simplicity's sake we will stick with SC)

Me: *reads back ticket, spouts out the standard phrases drilled into our heads*
    SC: Um I had some more food I wanted to order.
    Me: That's fine, I will put your order in when I go back inside.
    SC: Well I need it on the same ticket.
    (Only the manger can modify an order after it is taken out, and the MoD was on break, not to mention the fact that she would not fulfill this request if she weren't on break)
    Me: Well there's no way I can put anything on this ticket, I can only put it on a separate ticket if that will be okay.
    SC: No that will not be okay, I am using a credit card and I will use my card twice! I waited a while at the drive-through because I needed to add to my order, it's not my fault ya'll never answered!
    Me: So do you want me to put in an order for your other food or not?
    SC:No! I am using a credit card and I will not have two separate charges on it!
    Me: Well there is no way I can have them both put on one ticket.

fin

Any ideas as to a title? This lady just bewildered me with her stupidity.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
    What does it mean?
    I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

um, why are two charges bad? it's the store that gets screwed due to the way charges are usually done now.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
      um, why are two charges bad? it's the store that gets screwed due to the way charges are usually done now.
      Down here, Chooks charges 25 cents per credit card transaction. I don't know about up there. (McDonalds doesn't I don't think and I dunno where Op works)
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
        Down here, Chooks charges 25 cents per credit card transaction. I don't know about up there. (McDonalds doesn't I don't think and I dunno where Op works)
        not sure where the OP works, but at least most of the area I've been in the country (texas not being one of them though) at most restaurants the restaurant eats the cost of running the card so unless the OP's place is different then I don't see why running the card twice would be a problem (in fact on some of the reward cards that might even be to the customer's advantage).
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I work at sonic, but I don't knoow our policy on card transactions. Even if the customer gets the charge it would be such a miniscule amount that it wouldn't matter.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
          What does it mean?
          I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Comment

So I take an order out to (there are so many names to use here, including but not limited to: bitch, entitlement whore, retard, but for simplicity's sake we will stick with SC)
            Can I ask as a personal favor that you (and others) not use the word retard in your posts? It's very offensive to people with cognitive/developmental disabilities. I will keep it non specific so as not to be referred to Fratching, but there was recently a murder in the UK of a man with developmental disabilities, and I've been blogging about it and am pretty sensitive to things that are offensive to people with DD currently.
            Last edited by Ree; 01-22-2008, 09:59 PM. Reason: Fixing quote tags
            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth raideo View Post
              I work at sonic
              I'd like two super sonic double cheese burgers, plain with ketchup only, a sonic size fry, a route 66 rootbeer, and a coney dog, please.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

[off topic]Whats funny about this is there are no sonics around where I live for at least twenty to thirty miles way and yet we see comercials run on our local stations all the time. [/off topic]

I agree with the not calling people retarded thing. Its not just offensive but a generalization. I've known some people with developmental disabilities that are actually more pleasant and have better memories than most people I graduated high school with (which in some cases isnt saying much considering a rock has better memory than some of those idiots).

In any case I agree, being so odd about two charges is just silly. The only reason I could see someone worrying about it would be if they were using a company CC.

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                  I can't believe they get away with that. Standard merchant agreements with credit card companies such as Visa and Amex prohibits stores from charging a fee for their use. (Debit cards are a different story.)

But maybe that's just standard practice in my neck of the woods.

Could the restaurant not have added the two tickets together and charged the credit card once? I know, I know. The "system is not set up that way." I hate these idiot-proof systems that prevent the cashier from improvising.

Either way, I think the SC is at fault for not speaking up earlier.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                    Can I ask as a personal favor that you (and others) not use the word retard in your posts? It's very offensive to people with cognitive/developmental disabilities. I will keep it non specific so as not to be referred to Fratching, but there was recently a murder in the UK of a man with developmental disabilities, and I've been blogging about it and am pretty sensitive to things that are offensive to people with DD currently.

The last few years it's become popular among teens to use the word retard as a mild insult. Most of the time they don't realize people find it offensive. I remember a few years back when Lindsey Lohan was 19 she was castigated in the press for using the word retarded several times in an interview to refer to general sucky situations and such. She did apologize. I hear it all the time from kids.

Not justifying it, I'm just saying, that's why you hear it like this a lot lately. If you see my National Idiot Week post, the first SC was a teenager who called me a retard.
                    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

While I appreciate Saydrah's tact and candor in her post, I need to remind everyone that objectionable content in any thread needs to be reported via use of the report button. Anyone hazy on what or where this is, please drop a PM to me or any other mod. Thanks.
                      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X