This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toughest question ever

So I work at movie rental place, for all intents and purposes i will name "rewinders". for those of you who arent familair, it's a movie store. We get a lot of calls from customers who have questions-usually about a movie, thier account, ect...
    However I got a question today that i really didn't know how to answer without sounding....well, you get it.
    The conversation went like this. M will be 'me' and C will be 'customer'

M: Thank you for calling rewinders, how can I help you?

C: Yes, I have a question

M: alright, what can i help you with?

C: I was wondering if you have any movies there.

M:................................................ .................

the conversation continued on that thread before i eventually gave up and told her yes, and promptly hung up.
    Seriously, how was I suppose to answer that question??
    "Yes ma'ma, we do have movies. we are a movie store" yeah, that sounds polite
    Don't take life too seriously-it'll kill you.

I regret to say, ma'ame, but no, we do not sell movies. We were a day late for Backwards Day. We actually sell bait for fishing.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

To be fair, in the UK there are some confusing shop names
      1) Boots, sells cosmetics
      2) Republic, does not allow you to overthrow the monarchy
      3) Virgin, hell they're going to be very disapointed

so to a SC who we all know has the average intelligence of half a frozen halibut they do need to ask silly questions from time to time.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Ahh yes the joys of the zombies lacking brain cells found wandering around the local video store. I get some doozys on the phone and in person
        phone questions:
        -do you rent movies
        -are you open?...(no I had nothing better to do thought I would wander around the store today, silly of me to answer the phone dont you think.)
        -do you have (fill in title of movie not even at theater yet but being advertised on tv)
        in store
        -the store has been 2 for 1 mondays - thursdays for 2 years and still I have regular customers who come in say every wednesday and they still ask.."is it 2 for 1?" After beig asked that for the 100th time I admit I want to say no and charge them full price,lol.
        -I am looking for that movie with the guy in it thats in that other movie with that girl..scarey thing was some how I guessed that once right
        How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Do you ever get anyone that asks for movies that are currently playing in the theater? If you say No, do they insist that they either:

1. Saw an ad for it.
          2. They saw it (supposedly) at another chain, retail outlet, or whatever.

My roommate works at the Wal in the Electronics section and it amazes me how many times he will tell me that happened when he comes home from work. The first time he told me, I thought he was yanking my chain.
          I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            To be fair, in the UK there are some confusing shop names
            confusing... or just downright funny.... like... "Eat My Handbag Bitch"

i saw it when i was visiting england and took a tour of london.

(but Virgin is in the states... republic... eh, we have banana republic at least, not sure about the other one.)
            Last edited by PepperElf; 01-21-2008, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I once went to a 'Travel Cuts', thinking it was a hair salon...

I didnt insist on a haircut though.
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth flicksgirl View Post
                -are you open?...(no I had nothing better to do thought I would wander around the store today, silly of me to answer the phone dont you think.)
                my manger got one of those his reply: no, i just got locked in and thought you were the lock smith calling

we have a special on salmon
                Last edited by Broomjockey; 01-27-2008, 09:40 PM. Reason: merge
                Don't take life too seriously-it'll kill you.

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
                  Do you ever get anyone that asks for movies that are currently playing in the theater? If you say No, do they insist that they either:

1. Saw an ad for it.
                  2. They saw it (supposedly) at another chain, retail outlet, or whatever.

My roommate works at the Wal in the Electronics section and it amazes me how many times he will tell me that happened when he comes home from work. The first time he told me, I thought he was yanking my chain.
                  I get that ALL the time at the library. I don't know how many times I've had to explain that if the movie is playing in the theatres, it'll probably be 6 months to a year before it's out on DVD. And then a couple of months longer before we get it, since we're a library and not a DVD rental store.
                  I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

While working at Dollar Tree some sorry sod called me up and asked if I had, of all things, MAGNUM brand condoms.

I was embarrassed FOR him.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

WAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Calling a Dollar Tree to ask for condoms?
                      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Sad part is he wasn't the only one.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

In defense of the confused caller, some stores these days have some very, very odd names. Rather stupid ones, I think.

When calling a store, I don't ask are you open, I'll say "What are your hours today?" And, once the employee says them, I'll say "Thanks a lot!" and hang up. No need to spend too much of their time trying to find out how late they're open.

Frankly, I wish ALL stores would have nice web sites that I could EASILY find (hint: spend the extra few $$$ on your Yellow Pages ad) so I wouldn't even have to bug the workers. Until that day comes, I guess I'll have to call the stores.
                          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth flicksgirl View Post
                            Why do people think this is a stupid question? There might be a lot of perfectly good reasons you'd answer the phone if you weren't open.
                            1. You're getting ready to open
                            2. You just closed
                            3. You're doing inventory or paperwork
                            4. You're cleaning
                            5. You've just finished working or doing inventory or paperwork or cleaning and you're waiting for your ride, who might be the caller

Besides, what would you prefer the caller do, hang up on you?

My husband did that once -- called a restaurant and, when they answered, hung up. He figured that since he got a live voice they were open and that's all he needed to know. Serves him right that they were, in fact, closed that day.
                            Women can do anything men can.
                            But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                            Maxine

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                              WAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Calling a Dollar Tree to ask for condoms?
                              That guy must be one cheap f**ker!

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X