This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something minor that pisses me off.

I'm still at my lovely Dunkin' Donuts job and I HATE when a customer orders lets say two sandwiches and then you make them their sandwiches and then you go back to the counter and then they tell you, "Oh can I also have two more sandwiches and two orders of hash browns and two flatbreads?" I hate when customers do that because I could do all these orders at once and make it easier and you would've had everything ready. I then have to go back to the sandwich section and make more food for them. Not to mention, I ask customers "ANY MORE FOOD?" And their like, "No." Then of course they want something else. GAH it just pisses me off!

I hear ya!

When I ask a customer is they wanted anything else they would say no. After paying for their stuff, they then want some liquor or smokes. I ring them out. Then on their third order, they want lotto scratchers! Grrr, when I ask if they want anything else, don't be shy, just tell me what it is and I'll get it! Usually when this happens, I have a line going down the candy aisle.

Comment

Yea! At my job too after they give me the money and I ring them up, their like, "Oh I want a donut...sorry." It's like you couldn't tell me this before? I also hate when they give you a coupon after you rung them up. Our registers need to have the coupon before we charge you for anything. It's really annoying of them.

Comment

That used to happen to me all the time...

I'd ring up a customer's soda or newspaper, and ask "Anything else?" and they'd say "No", then 3 seconds later "And a packomarboreds!"

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I hate that. At my old job, when I asked them if they have everything. Ring them out, and then BAM. They need a couple of the sodas and/or candy. And with the coupons, I wish that we would be told first, if we have them to present them, then.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I had a customer like that last night.

He ordered popcorn, paid. Decided he wanted a drink, paid. Decided he wanted a hotdog, paid. Decided he wanted a second hotdog for his girlfriend and paid a fourth time!

It was quiet, but if there had been a queue, it would have driven me round the twist.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Oh, for the love of.... There are signs, right there that say you need to hand over coupons FIRST!!!!! I've never worked ant Dunkin' Donuts and I know that.
              Arrgh!!

But then, we all know SCs don't read.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Okay, I'm going to fess up, I do this on occasion. Sometimes I'm just scatterbrained and I completely blank on something, and something like this is the end result. It's not often, and I usually am pretty apologetic about it, but I've never gotten to three re-orders before, and four...just wow.
                Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.

SG-14: Moving forward because everything behind is rigged to blow.

Comment

I HATE stuff like that too! It never fails either:

"Anything else for you today ma'am?"
                  "No."
                  "OKay....so nothing else for you, right?"
                  "Right."
                  "Okay, you're total is - "
                  "WAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!! I wanted something else! Why are you rushing me!!!!"

"What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                  "Red."
                  "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                  "RED!"
                  "..."

Comment

Quoth Hotfoot View Post
                    Okay, I'm going to fess up, I do this on occasion. Sometimes I'm just scatterbrained and I completely blank on something, and something like this is the end result. It's not often, and I usually am pretty apologetic about it, but I've never gotten to three re-orders before, and four...just wow.
                    It doesn't bother me if there is a second transaction. After the third, fourth and fifth time, it gets annoying! And of course, the customer is stuck up about it!

Comment

i get the exact same reaction on drive thru. you ask them if thats all for today, they say yes and you send the order on its merry way. but of course as soon as your finger hits that button they remember the other 1/2 of their order.
                      like jesus people! i can understand one thing, but honestly, how do you suddenly remember that you have 5 other people in your family all of a sudden?!

"let me think. theres me, bob. i think thats it! oh shit wait! i forgot i had 4 other little spawn that i carried around for 9 months each and just remembered i had to FED them! not water them 2 times a day. thats the house plants."

Quoth Hotfoot View Post
                      aw thats fine! everyone forgets one or 2 things. its the people that buy 2 single combos, then remember that they need to buy 6 after you have everything ready for them. thats boils my water.
                      Last edited by Broomjockey; 01-27-2008, 06:44 AM. Reason: merged
                      it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

If I have forgotten something when going through drive thru I have gone back trhough to order the rest instead of trying to get the rest added on to the order. And if I am in a store it depends if there is a line, if there is a line I will go to the end of the line no reason to make everyone else suffer because I am a space case, if there isn't a line I will apologize and ask for what I forgot but I have never had to do more then two orders. I am a space case but not that big of a space case

Comment

Working...
                        X