Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, I can't pull prices out of thin air!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I can't pull prices out of thin air!

I wasn't even on the clock for this one just yet.
    A customer caught me as I was on my way to clock in.
    "Do you work here?"
    Well, I was just about to walk into the employee's only area, so you'd better hope, "I do...?"
    "Do you know the price on this thing?" She points at a candelabra thing.
    "I don't. And I have no way of knowing without bring it up to the front of the store." I didn't have an RF gun, and wouldn't know how to use it even if I did.
    Woman seems okay with this, I go to clock in finally.

I am standing at my register about five minutes later, and the woman comes up to my register, with the thing in her cart, and has me check the price on it. "It's ringing up at $24.99, not on sale."
    "WHAT? It's supposed to be $9.00!"
    Uh, huh. Sure, it is...
    FES A gets roped into being pulled over to the section where the woman found it, finds it was actually not in the right place, but does give her the thing at $9.00, and then relates to myself and other cashier that the woman said she was going to complain tomorrow about us.
    "Why?"
    FES A: "Well, she said, 'the tall girl told her she couldn't find the price back there, and she brought it up front, and the short girl said she didn't have a gun to find a price, and why the hell did it ring up at $24.99?' and blah, blah, blah."
    RJ: "Great, and, I couldn't have found the price anyway, unless I'd had a gun, and even then, I wouldn't know how to use it to find that info. Plus, the only way I knew how to price check is on the registers."
    Yes, I was attempting to pass blame, but, had I really been at fault, I'd have owned up to it.
    FES A said something to the effect of, "Oh, I know, Juwl, and you did right. She was just angry about nothing."

Okay...
    "I call murder on that!"
Working...
X