Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most oddest change request yet....

Seeing it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day today in the good olde USA, alot of banks shuttered themselves closed. So where does one go to get extra change for the holidays?

I'm trying to put away the cash given to me by a customer into the till, when this woman drops what appears to be a magazine and asks me if I can make change. I say okay, and she asks if I can give her big bills. I tell her that I only have $20 bills as the biggest (which is a lie, seeing that we have some $50 and $100, but I ain't opening the safe for making big-bill change), and I calmly close the drawer, thinking she's gonna purchase something.

As soon as I close the till, she gives me this "WTF?!" look and turns away from me and walks off. Thinking that she's gonna ask someone else for something, she instead makes a beeline for the door.

I've had some weird requests in my store, but this has to be the weirdest.

not really all that strange. at the gas station I used to have enough regular people ask if I had any $50 or $100 bills I wanted to get rid of. as I usually did not policy was to drop these ASAP although during football games I did keep a $50 or two handy for the "All I have is a $100 bill" when paying for say a Sunday newspaper ($2.75)

some people just have to have that large bill in their hands for that power feeling
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

some people just have to have that large bill in their hands for that power feeling
      I'm the opposite way, in that having many smaller bills makes me feel so much richer.
      That's why I love when I go to the US, because the $1 bills make me feel like a millionaire, even though I barely have more than $10 on me.

Of course I hate having this American money right before I go home, so if anyone on the board is a waiter or waitress or works bar staff and catches me at the end of a US visit I'll be throwing money at you left and right to get rid of it since it's useless to me when I go home and getting it changed at the boarder is more trouble than it's worth if it's anything under $20

Comment

And it is possible

Odds are very low, but you may have just ruined the plans of a robber or their partner.

Hoping to catch you will lots of money in the till, not likely but there is a good reason why they want you to dump extra money and the larger bills into the safe.

Comment

Working...
        X