This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If brains were tinfoil...

I would question this customer's ability to short circuit a firefly's ass!

DSC = Dipshit Customer
    Me = PEBKAC support

DSC: Hello, I am calling to confirm that today is in fact my last day of service.
    Me: Hang on, lemme check... (Checks computer, and expiry takes effect tomorrow)
    Me: Yes, it is confirmed. Today is your last day of service.
    DSC: Okay. So what time?
    Me: Excuse me?
    DSC: What time can I use this until?
    Me (thinking): logic dictates that when today ceases to be today, that would be the time, so typically Midnight.
    Me: You can use this until midnight tonight.
    DSC: Ok, Thanks

Not a sucky customer, but I just cannot fathom how some people figure time is any different for a local ISP.
    Windows Operating System is an oxymoron."

Oh, You want instant Gratification? Go f*ck yourself then!
    I found the problem. /dev/clue was linked to /dev/null

To be fair to the customer. Not every coach turns back into a pumpkin at exactly the stroke of midnight. Some turn earlier, some later.

Around the time that my daughter was born, I forgot to pay my cable bill. The deadline date that the cable company had put on the bill was the 24th of the month. Yet they didn't cut off the service until around 10am on the 25th.
    Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
      To be fair to the customer. Not every coach turns back into a pumpkin at exactly the stroke of midnight. Some turn earlier, some later.

Around the time that my daughter was born, I forgot to pay my cable bill. The deadline date that the cable company had put on the bill was the 24th of the month. Yet they didn't cut off the service until around 10am on the 25th.
      This is not a case of account delinquency. I am in charge of that here too, and that can be in a sliding scale for time. For a cancellation, a day is a day. when that day ends, so do ours. it just struck me as funny that a customer would ask when a day ends.
      Windows Operating System is an oxymoron."

Oh, You want instant Gratification? Go f*ck yourself then!
      I found the problem. /dev/clue was linked to /dev/null

Comment

Working...
      X