X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
    State Home for the Bewildered?
    Happydale, capably staffed by nice young men in clean white coats.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

And then there is the musical tribute to Parkview.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well how else is he going to practice his shoryuken?
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Slightly off topic: Whether I'm coherent or not depends almost entirely on if it was light or dark when I woke up. So at 4 AM I will be groggy, since I think even in the summer it doesn't get light until maybe 5 AM. During the winter I use a special sunrise simulator lamp in order to wake up. I don't wake up well in hotels, either, because they almost all use blackout curtains.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
            or nuthouse, looney bin, or my favorite: cracker factory
            To be honest, all of which are considered offensive to those that have needed their services, like my wife. We prefer the term "mental health facility."
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I've suffered from mental illness, and I don't find those terms offensive; I find them funny. But then, I am English. XD

As for the incident; that sounds scary as hell. O_o For that reason, I refuse to work later than ten pm, cuz later on all the pissheads come out and play in the town and I don't want to encounter them, thanks very much.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

I might not feel like human life until about 10am,but I let people know-grrr!it's 6am and I'm only half awake. They have been warned then if they want to try and continue to interact with me.
                There's a reason my fridge has a magnet on it saying 'I am not a morning person'...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post
                  Not only is my wife awake at 4am, she is alert, coherent, and, CHEERFUL.
                  As a (former) night shifter, I can guarantee that I have this ability as well.

It is only the true Night Owls that are able to achieve this level.

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                    When I delivered pizza ('way back when), it was fairly common for people too try the back doors of my car while I was waiting for a light or in a parking lot, particularly the passenger side. <snip>

Why so extreme a response? It wasn't really a 'ride' they were after. It was the prelude to a robbery.
                    Don't blame you. I used to carry a MagLite in my car when I delivered pizza for the same reason. Never had to use it though. I continued to carry it when I worked for hospice and went into bad neighborhoods, even though I never was in a place I felt uncomfortable.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

The Fletcher Memorial Home for Incurable Tyrants & Kings.

Comment

4 am I am wide awake I've worked nights for so long that like 7 pm to me. If there was more psychiatric hospitals, you might not have as many people with mental disorders in hospitals or jails. I currently work in a county detention center, small county maybe 30k people in the entire county. Probably 16k down near my end of it. We get more then our share of people off their meds. Currently out of the 130 ish inmates I would say around 10 are people who just need the meds to be stable and not do the stupid stuff that got them there.

Comment

Working...
                        X