This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth raudf View Post
    It's amazing how often a Canadian penny will get slipped into a roll of pennies.
    Definitely amazing - since it's been a couple years since Canada got rid of the penny (cash transactions are now rounded to the nearest nickel).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In the Washington, DC, area one of the newspaper columnists has (or had) a charity drive every Christmas. He would ask for all the non-US money people had for the drive as a way for people to rid themselves of it.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

They make transparent coin rolls these days I never have enough random coins to use them, but, if I did, I would.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

As Christmas help at Walmart, I had a couple come through check-out on Black Friday and pay their tab in one dollar coins. Yep, they said, they'd been savin' those Susan B. Anthonys all year for this event.

*sigh* They were Sacajawea coins.

My parents pulled this once, buying a travel trailer. They had picked one out at a nearby dealership, and in the office preparing to pay for it, (Not finance it, they were going to pay in full) the cashier said, "We don't take out-of-state checks." I think the total was over $12,000. Bit of info here, they lived in York county Maine, and were buying the trailer 20 miles away, in New Hampshire. Could the dealership call the bank? Be assured the money was there? Nope.

They went home. They didn't want to pass this up. This was a splurge for one cross country trip, this trip of a lifetime for them. They went to the bank to get cash. Mom vented a bit to the teller about this, and apparently the teller was sympathetic. She went out back and got the stash of bills set aside because they were ratty and going to be taken out of circulation.

My dad was still so mad the next day he couldn't bring himself to actually go to the dealership. Mom delivered the money.

In their defense, I don't think my parents were ever sucky customers before or after this incident.

Comment

Working...
          X