X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    "It's milk and eggs, bitch!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALK5Pku5jc8
    SC once was a vegone, but now she will be gone!
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
      Who the hell doesn't like pasta???
      Dave Lister apparently.

Kryten: Sir, we've lost all of our curry supplies. I can make you pasta though.
      Lister: Pasta? Are you sick?

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        Well there are "Sunday Christians" who are only really Christian on Sunday.

I assume there are similar types of people in all view points. "Vegetarians" who eat meat when they feel like it. Or Atheists who become religious on military deployments then go back to Atheism when they get back home (I actually meet one, even he could not understand why he only believed while under stress.)
        The first one has a label "Flexitarian" which is someone who claims to be vegetarian or vegan but uses the term loosely.

AS far as the "religious label on military deployments goes" I have to wonder if they do it as a means of survival ie they're less likely to torture someone if that someone is a religious man.

Re the Sunday Christians, I have another couple of labels for people like that: "Convenient Christians" and "Internet Christians." The first refers to people who will be Christian when it suits them ie Sundays, holidays and whenever someone who is religious gets special preferences. As far as "Internet Christians" go, these ones are likely to use the Christian label as an excuse to be bigoted.
        Last edited by fireheart; 10-25-2014, 10:24 AM.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'd have gladly taken the pasta. I love pasta anyway, but I also realise that planes are limited with the food. The lady just wanted to complain. Also, if she wanted salmon, then she's not a vegetarian. Or maybe she's one of those horrid humans that don't think fish are animals.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            "It's milk and eggs, bitch!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALK5Pku5jc8

"Chicken isn't vegan?"

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
              Well there are "Sunday Christians" who are only really Christian on Sunday.

I assume there are similar types of people in all view points. "Vegetarians" who eat meat when they feel like it. Or Atheists who become religious on military deployments then go back to Atheism when they get back home (I actually meet one, even he could not understand why he only believed while under stress.)
              I am reminded of the saying 'There are no atheists in foxholes'.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                "Chicken isn't vegan?"
                What if they feed it only vegetables?

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                I am reminded of the saying 'There are no atheists in foxholes'.
                Those of us who are true atheists and have been in combat or combat-like situations really hate that saying. There is a whole group of military atheist who disprove it thousands of times over.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  SC once was a vegone, but now she will be gone!
                  "'Vegone'...?

Comment

Like the chick who asked if the lamb-skin condoms were vegan.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                      Or Atheists who become religious on military deployments then go back to Atheism when they get back home (I actually meet one, even he could not understand why he only believed while under stress.)
                      It is when you are under stress and honestly afraid for your life that you find out what you truly believe deep down inside. It's easy to be Atheist when you are not in danger (no insult intended to the few people who truly are atheist). It's a lot harder when death is knocking at your door and you don't want to let him in.

Comment

I realize it's stayed civil thus far (thank you!) but let's take the "part-time religion" comparison to Fratching, please.
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Chicken curry? Lamb? Last time I was on a plane that served a meal it was a rubber chicken dish (except for me since I keep kosher - my meal didn't make it on the plane, so I ate pretzels, a granola bar I had and one of the stewardesses had a banana that she very nicely gave me).

Comment

I do have to wonder why people believe that those with dietary requirements get better food on the planes overall.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

They've probably heard of the quantity versus quality tradeoff. Something that has to be made specially, in smaller quantities, must therefore be higher quality.

Or, you know, it's just to make themselves feel like they're getting something rare and exclusive.

Comment

Reminds me of a woman that sat in front of us on the bus once.

Over the course of her very loud conversation most of the passengers learned

She was a vegetarian
                                but she ate fish
                                and chicken
                                but only breast fillets not chicken thighs or wings
                                oh and only certain types of fish
                                and fillet steak
                                occasionally lamb cutlets

and so it continued until we got off.
                                Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Working...
                                X