This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    That can be very dangerous which is why I have some every day to build up my resistance to it
    Too true. Perhaps this offering from Aperture Labs will help...

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
      there's a certain "internet celebrity" that pushes this crap, and makes a lot of money off it(she's responsible for the new phrase "quackmail"), and don't you dare question how her computer science degree somehow makes her a nutritionist, she bans you.
      Nutritionist isn't a protected title, it's meaningless as anyone can call themselves one. If you wish to get correct advice you need to see a dietician
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

As a chemist, I roll my eyes when people confuse all natural and checmical free. There are recipes for homemade cleaners that make the rounds of Facebook. They always say chemical free even though they're not. Right now it's popular to say chemicals = bad. Your life would be pretty barren if you eliminated everything improved by chemistry.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          Too true. Perhaps this offering from Aperture Labs will help...

I want!
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I don't think water causes sweating, unless it's hot water. Cold water DOES chill you to the bone, though.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth TattooedMommie View Post
              On a related note, today I had a woman yelling at me because a frozen dinner that she had picked up had 360 grams of sodium. "REALLY??" she yelled at me "it says Low-Fat, HOW can there be so much sodium in it??"
              Because sodium isn't a fat and the package doesn't say "Low Sodium", I'll wager. Some people have the reading comprehension skills of a stone.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                As a chemist, I roll my eyes when people confuse all natural and checmical free. There are recipes for homemade cleaners that make the rounds of Facebook. They always say chemical free even though they're not. Right now it's popular to say chemicals = bad. Your life would be pretty barren if you eliminated everything improved by chemistry.
                Since people are composed of chemicals, they'd also not exist-- but then that might be a good thing in some cases.
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Ugh. I always presume that anything proceeded as much as a frozen dinner will have a larger than normal amount of sodium. Why would anyone think low fat=low sodium? Just proves that logic has no place in the mind of a SC.
                  On a related note, I work in a service deli in a supermarket. One of our more expensive lines of meats labels almost everything as "lower sodium" Not low sodium mind you, lower. It's such a rip off because they are basing the lower off of the cheapest, mostly filler and salt type of each meat they can find. But customers suck it up. Ohhhh low sodium....

Comment

This is one of the reasons I'm thankful to work in a hippy store.

Comment

Working...
                    X