Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not exactly my definition of "nothing" ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not exactly my definition of "nothing" ...

After 3 days off I have a shift tomorrow, so decided to do at least a single load of laundry that included my work clothes. Another tenant was in there doing his laundry as well and we got to chatting, about the building itself, among other things. He tells me the building is "okay" except for the fact "they can chuck you out for nothing."

Hmmm ... I'm pretty sure that's not allowed. You know, legally.

He goes on to tell me about a tenant who was evicted. I ask why.

"Well, she used to let her son (or nephew, can't remember which) sleep in the building."

That doesn't mean he slept on her couch, as a guest or anything. Rather, he would bunk down in her car in the underground parking garage, or on the 15th floor. There are no units on that floor, but of course you can get to any other floor from there. The 15th floor contains the party room, which is normally locked when not in use, and washrooms, which may or may not be locked.

Me: " ..."

"So then she moved out of here, and he went to her new place and he killed her."

Me:

"Yep. Cut her throat."

Me: *speechless*

And this is your definition of being evicted for nothing?? I mean, aside from the young guy's latent homicidal tendencies, did it not occur to Fellow Tenant that having random people sleeping in the hallways (or even the underground garage) is highly problematic in terms of building security??
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

But...but... but... it didn't happen HERE so what's the big deal?

Some people's children
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

I know, right??

The tenant herself was apparently something of a problem, so I think it just got to the point of management saying 'That's it, you're gone.' Possibly the discover of the male relative bunking down in inappropriate spots in the building was the final straw.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

The phrase that comes to mind is "well, you (and they) really dodged a bullet there!"

I imagine the son might also have shown inappropriate behavior and/or demeanor.

Comment

Working...
        X