This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customers from Hell itself

I work in a small restaurant, altho you come to the register to pay for what you order, then seat yourself and go back up to get your food once it's made...almost like a conveyor belt system, in that once it's ready it is not brought to you, you have to go back up and get it. It's a very small little place so that effort is not very difficult...one would think. As the cashier I also get people sodas, etc as this machine is behind the counter with me. Anyway here are some scenarios (REAL ones that have actually happened) which makes me question this job critically:

1. some people come in and order whatever food, etc. and a soda or two...then say they'd want the soda to come along with the meal...here's the problem: I'm not your fucking waitress...I don't bring things to your table, I fill the drinks and you can take them and just simply use your willpower and restrain yourself from drinking them until your food is ready. Or I can just leave them on the side counter, chillin' by themselves, until you feel like exerting the energy to claim them.

2. people who come in (the menu is written on the side of an entire wall next to the counter on a chalkboard thing) and take a moment or two to find out what they want and they're on the phone...one guy looks at me and speaks and I honestly cannot tell if he's speaking to me or to the person on his phone, it's almost mumbling...so he'll ask for something with such and such on it, etc. while somehow simultaneously expecting me to discern that with the other garbled order he's getting for his friend on the phone too...I don't get paid enough to decipher mumbled incoherent multiple conversations

3. this dude comes in and asks for a hamburger, fries and a drink...I ask what kind of drink, put it in the register computer and tell him the total price...he hands me cash and as I'm gathering the change, he changes his mind and asks to remove the fries and drink. Great, I just closed the register, idiot. I open it again and try to configure the new change amount due back to him in which he proceeds to criticize my inability to count. I call for the supervisor who asks me what happened, I explain it, and the dude says I overcharged him (?????) and some other bullshit...I tell the guy that he ordered 3 things for which the original calculation was processed, after which he retorts "excuse me??" almost to intimidate me with his tone. I calmly repeat what I said (I like to call it 'standing my ground') and of course the supervisor sticks his head up the dude's ass and gives him money back or whatever. It's JUST A FUCKING HAMBURGER AND FRIES...altho apparently making a big deal over minutia gives this idiot some semblance of control in his sad life
    Last edited by Dave1982; 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM. Reason: Food tampering
Working...
X