This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was a SC today, I'll Explain Why

I was most definately a Sucky Customer today, but let me explain why I was such an SC.

At my job we get Supercertificates from giftcertificates.com, I have been trying to get a $100 and $50 gift certificate to tigerdirect or overstock for three months now. Everytime I go to get one, the certificates are out of stock, so I call on Mondays and Fridays to see when the ETA for a new batch certificates would be coming into stock. I leave my information to either be emailed, or called whenever the item(s) I would like are in stock, it's a service they provide. I have yet to receive an email or a call, so I called them up again today.

Well, I get this rather cordial young man on the phone, he was very polite, and I was very polite. I asked him to check on the status of the item(s) I would like to purchase and when they would be coming into stock. He checked and it showed that there had been an order in the previous week and the week before and the week before, etc, and the item(s) were once again out of stock until the end of March.

So at this point, I lose it, I seriously go off on this kid, I don't yell at him, but I explain that since he's the one who picked up the call, he's going to get the brunt of the call.

I asked why I didn't receive and email or a phone call, his answer was "I don't know" I asked how it was possible for me to try and get one of these every single day, trying to order these item(s) two or three times a day and still somehone "miss" the in-stock item(s) that I have been so fervent in purchasing. His answer was "I don't know," so then I ask him very politely to find out when the next shipment would be coming into stock, he then puts me on hold for ten minutes, and the phone disconnects.

I should call back and be 100 times suckier, but I'm better person than that.

Or you could just never call them again. Is that an option?
    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
    --Dilbert

Comment

That didn't sound SC-ish. You were upset, but you didn't yell. You didn't threaten his job or that you were going to sue him or the company. You didn't start stalking him or his family. You had made a request multiple times that was being completely ignored, about which you questioned him.

The one thing that might have been better handled was to do the dreaded, "I want to talk to your supervisor," but it seems that this was your only recourse.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Rattslinger View Post
        So at this point, I lose it, I seriously go off on this kid, I don't yell at him, but I explain that since he's the one who picked up the call, he's going to get the brunt of the call.
        I think this part was a bit sucky since unless he's the one that talked to you all the other times, it's not necessarily his fault. I can understand why you were pissed though.
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
        X