This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post

Of course, we all live where we work. There's cots in the back where we sleep. Unless, of course, we're of the robot variety. Then we never need sleep and food all!
    lol i know my favoret is those run in 2 sec before I can close the door and are shocked when I throw them out cuz I actualy have a family to go to. Or those that knock on the window thinking that I'll let them in cuz theres no way have any paper work to do or money to count.

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
      lol i know my favoret is those run in 2 sec before I can close the door and are shocked when I throw them out cuz I actualy have a family to go to. Or those that knock on the window thinking that I'll let them in cuz theres no way have any paper work to do or money to count.
      The other night a large group of ladies started shaking our doors trying to get in. All the staff were sat down drinking, half the lights were out and they tried every possible way of entering the bar, including windows! When we yelled at them to go away one of them screeched "WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!"

Yes, its February, its 2am, and you're wearing very little, you're going to last outdoors aren't you?

Comment

Quoth karl hungus View Post
        That should be the title of a cookbook.
        Quoth XCashier
        Sounds like a Twilight Zone episode.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_Man
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Of course, we all live where we work.
          That brings to mind a guy my co-worker, Carl, had to deal with. Carl does tech support from his apartment in New York (our office is in eastern Massachusetts), so he actually does live where he works.

The company pays for a work phone line which Carl answers between 9 and 4:45 on weekdays; when he is off-duty he shuts off the ringer and lets the calls go to voice mail. The greeting states his hours and explains he will return calls during those hours

One guy, who somehow found out Carl works at home, became quite outraged at the fact that Carl would be right there and wouldn't help customers while he was on his own time.

He stated there was "no good reason that [Carl couldn't] take calls up until midnight."

That seems very reasonable. It gives Carl 8 hours a day to sleep and one hour for eating and personal care. That frees up the rest of his entire day to serve customers.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

If memory serves, isn't Carl blind?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              The other night a large group of ladies started shaking our doors trying to get in. All the staff were sat down drinking, half the lights were out and they tried every possible way of entering the bar, including windows! When we yelled at them to go away one of them screeched "WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!"

Yes, its February, its 2am, and you're wearing very little, you're going to last outdoors aren't you?
              Why do people think that if they somehow manage to get through the door after hours they will still be able to shop or get serivce? I had a few customers pry the automatic doors open (they were closed, not locked) AFTER I told them we were closed, only to be told again in person, and kicked out.

"Well we would tell you to leave, but you crossed the threshold, so now you can now shop until we can get you to say your name backward."
              Is it just me or does every office supply store smell like toner and burnt happiness?

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                If memory serves, isn't Carl blind?

Rapscallion
                Yes. Carl is totally blind.
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I have to interject my two cents here...because, after all it's a message board. I have worked in quite a few restaurants over the course of my life...I was in the biz for over 10 years...anyway, I digress...

I loathed the customers that came in and sat beyond the end of my shift or the past closing time. They were the bain of my existence...I perfected a death stare once when I worked for a restaurant that did not allow the pass off between servers. (yes, that's right, if they were your table...you kept them til they left...no if's and's or buts about it)

However, restaurants I've worked at that allowed the server pass off would usually require that the current server inform the table of the switch...even go as far as introducing the new server to the table....

I don't think that's really unreasonable and a matter-of-fact, I think it's rather courteous and polite.
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Banthor the Unruly View Post
                    Why do people think that if they somehow manage to get through the door after hours they will still be able to shop or get serivce? I had a few customers pry the automatic doors open (they were closed, not locked) AFTER I told them we were closed, only to be told again in person, and kicked out.
                    At the old supermarket job, when closing time came, we'd lock the "In" door, but leave the "out" door unlocked so that any stragglers could leave. I'm sure everyone can guess what happened.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      At the old supermarket job, when closing time came, we'd lock the "In" door, but leave the "out" door unlocked so that any stragglers could leave. I'm sure everyone can guess what happened.
                      I'm going to guess that people got in anyway. Also, that they insisted that since other people were shopping that they should shop too.
                      My Fanfic Page
                      My Fiction Page
                      My Social Group
                      My Pet Social Group
                      My You Tube Channel

Comment

I absolutely love it when a woman (and it's always a woman) at the supermarket gets huffy when I try to close my lane. "But the lines are so long!" That's what you get when you shop at 5pm on a weekday. I actually told one woman "Ma'am, I am closing, I've been here an hour longer than I was scheduled, and I'm going home now." Shockingly enough, that actually shut her up.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                        X