This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• situational question

I had a guest just call down saying their neighbors were being loud with a bunch of "thumping" around & there was a child screaming. The particular room in question had just checked in, but I sent security just in case. Security comes back & says the room isn't being "loud", but he heard the guests speaking a little bit & a baby was crying a little bit & felt it rude to knock on the door to tell them their neighbors want their child to quit crying. It was a good point, so what is the correct way to handle the situation like that?

I just find it funny that everyone who stays at the hotel finds it my job to make sure their neighbors are respectful, quiet, and keeps their baby from crying. The people may complain the next day, and get their money back, but for what? Because other people had a collicy child or something? The only solution I would have is to offer to move one of the guests, but it's 2am & rarely do guests wish to move rooms.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Maybe a courtesy call/person to the room just to make sure everything's ok? Just make it seem like you're being helpful and concerned while making sure there's nothing seriously wrong. It also gives the guest an out so they can ask for help if they need it without having to come find someone and make them feel like they're being an SC.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Yeah...but it was past 2am & as far as I know the other guests were getting ready for bed themselves & just had a wee one sickly & crying cuz it was so late. I had checked the guests in at prolly 130am. I dunno, sometimes it's a hard one to call.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

You have security? You're lucky. I work at a 106 room hotel overnight on weekends... and it's just me. Usually, it's very quiet. Sometimes, I never see another person. But sometimes, boy do I wish I had somebody I could send to take care of the rowdies!

Comment

i travel with earplugs; i'm a light sleeper, so almost anything disturbs me.

i come prepared (for the most part) but damn, if the child's not well for whatever reason, have some pity on the parents; i can understand a bit of frustration, but some things are just beyond their control.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I also use ear-plugs, that way I am not bothered for the most part. If I hear something with my earplugs in...however...lol

Comment

Working...
            X