Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only special request I have is extra pickles. I LOVE pickles.

I have said "WOW" to my customers, simply because they went off on me when I told them why I was calling. If they consider it rude, they shouldn't have started screaming at me like I just drop kicked their puppy.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I almost think I would've said 'wow' too or at the very least given my trademark WTF face (that one of these days will get me into trouble). I would've given more for the 'joke' her and her friends cracked and how completely pointless it was.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
        I'd have probably said, "Okay......." with a sigh instead of "Wow....." That's just one of my habits, and so I don't give it much thought. Then again, I'd have probably just muttered a disinterested "Whatever," at the complaining customer at the window and walked away. That's usually how I handle my most irritating customers. I shrug and walk away indifferently once they've paid and received their change.

When I worked drive-thru at Wendy's, I never really got annoyed with split orders so much as I was frustrated by special orders since you had to enter the options into the register in specific ways and the customer just rattled it off in no particular order. I always found myself wanting to tell them "Take it" or "Leave it" are today's menu choices. Luckily, I rarely worked drive-thru because I always had a hard time understanding them on the headphones. Similarly, I can't understand customers who speak to me through the intercoms at the gas pumps at my current job. At least I don't have to worry about getting special orders right any more.
        Speaking as a current employee of Wendy's, I have to agree with you about the drive through thing. It REALLY doesn't help that every Wendy's in our district is in a competition over who can get the least voids/most large size combos/fastest drive thru time, so if I have to erase anything I'm going to get grief about it. However, back to the OP...

As Broomjockey said, that was a lot of fuss over 1 word. I can see how they might have thought it was rude, but honestly, they had a brain failure of their own that brought about MAX's comment. Eating a little crow over that would be far from unreasonable.
        Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
        --Unknown

Comment

Working...
        X