This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're not allowed to go home...

Argh, stupid customers. To start with, an old man comes up to the bar.

SC: Cup of tea please.
    Me: OK then.

I make the cup of tea.

Me: That will be £x.xx please.
    SC: What?! I've already paid for this!
    Me: You have?
    SC: YES! When I paid for my meal! I asked if I could pay for the cup of tea at the same time so I could just come up and collect it when I was done!
    Me: Ok sir, do you have your reciept?
    SC: I've already paid for it!
    Me: I understand that sir, but my shift has just began, I did not know you had already paid for your tea.
    SC: Well you should! You should know! I have already paid for this!

He throws his reciept at me. It checks out.

SC: See??
    Me: OK sir, that's fine. The person that handled your meal has gone home, that's why I never knew you had already paid for it.
    SC: Gone home??
    Me: Yes, his shift ended at 3.
    SC: Well he should have stayed until I was ready to go home!

Idiot.

Later, a large group came up. I set up a tab for them. This was slightly annoying because it meant that whenever one of them came up to the bar, I had to drop whatever I was doing to help them.

My shift ended. I pulled a co-worker over. I showed him where the tab was.

Me: That large group has a tab *shows him* so I'll leave you in charge of it. Is that OK?
    CW: Yeah that's fine.
    Me: Just make sure it's all paid before they leave.#

I get my coat. As I am walking towards the exit, one of the members of the large group grabs my arm.

SC: Excuse me...where are you going?
    Me: My shift is over. I've given your tab to a co-worker, he'll look after you.
    SC: You're going HOME?
    Me: Yes.
    SC: But we're not finished yet!

I spoke to my co-worker earlier. He said the large group didn't leave until closing! Yeah, I was gonna stay five hours without getting paid to keep them happy!

What indescribably rude people.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      He throws his reciept at me. It checks out.
      See - this is where I'd have been fired.

If I hadn't been working for my dad the day a customer threw a pen at me (unprovoked)at the laundromat, I would have been fired. I actually grabbed the customer by their shirt after that one.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Argh, stupid customers. To start with, an old man comes up to the bar.
        ! Yeah, I was gonna stay five hours without getting paid to keep them happy!
        But, don't you realize the great privilage of waiting on a customer? What more joy could there possibly be in this life other than serving the customer?
        Customers: from 0 to stupid in 2.5 sentences.

Comment

Quoth karl hungus View Post
          But, don't you realize the great privilage of waiting on a customer? What more joy could there possibly be in this life other than serving the customer?
          Not serving the customer?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            serving the customer?
            That should be the title of a cookbook.
            Customers: from 0 to stupid in 2.5 sentences.

Comment

Huh. Does this mean that when I dropped off my watch (finally found a place around here that will change the battery in a Fossil) and the girl told me that it would be about 15 minutes that I could have demanded that she be there when I got back?

Of course, we all live where we work. There's cots in the back where we sleep. Unless, of course, we're of the robot variety. Then we never need sleep and food all!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

OT - customersruinmylife, how is the whole manager-in-training thing going? Letting it go to your head yet?
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  OT - customersruinmylife, how is the whole manager-in-training thing going? Letting it go to your head yet?
                  To be honest...it is...slightly, but it is only really showing in my behaviour towards co-workers i.e: I enjoy yelling at lazy people hehe

Comment

He grabbed you by the arm? I would have said something, and then have it as assault.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Wow, I can't believe he actually grabbed your arm. Was it like he was trying to hold onto you and make you stay? What a jerk.

Comment

SC: Well he should have stayed until I was ready to go home!
                        " You are right of course, sir. I will see that he is whipped and then stoned for his insolence. it is highly disrespectful of him to have a life outside this store."
                        Is it just me or does every office supply store smell like toner and burnt happiness?

Comment

I had one SC today complain that the person she wanted to talk to was not in today. How dare we not schedule everyone to work from open to close 7 days a week. We are so rude.

Comment

That should be the title of a cookbook.
                            Sounds like a Twilight Zone episode.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Do you mean as in the "You got served!" sense? Cuz I can see how that would be fun.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X