This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AngryCas View Post
    I've been thinking -- and I almost believe that when he visited his church, they said something to my boss to get him to lay off and drop it. Churches have done it before, so why not this time?
    Church just happy he's bothering an adult female? Paid off the manager?

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      but, thinking about it, I wonder if that would work because we're not talking employee v. employee, we're talking employee v. customer. I'm pretty sure that still falls under hostile work environment.
      It still does. The fact in this case is that you have a problem with a customer who is stalking you at your place of employment. The part that makes it hostile is the fact that your management is not taking reasonable precautions to ensure your safety.

The hostility comes from the priest and from the GM who isn't giving a rat's ass for your safety.

Mongo

And in my case,

I'm going to agree with gunsage here. I call her Priscilla and she's a tire iron in the back of my car!
      Mine is one of those emergency gizmos that you buy to help you get out of a wrecked car...this one lives in my backpack (never go anywhere without it) and it's name is "Bob".
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Please, before you do anything, contact your local labor board and find out exactly what your legal rights are. Know exactly where you stand before you approach corporate and HR.

It's free, it's what you pay for with your taxes and your company has to take notice of the government stepping in.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I hate to play devils advocate here, maybe he is just trying to be a customer now. If you think about it, he came in the ohter day and asked if you still work there and your boss said you don't work until Thursday, then he came in on a day he was told you where not working and didn't say anything to anyone about you.

It may be he asked about you the other day so he would know what days not to come in so to avoid any additional problems.

I would still definitely call corporate and the police , it's more then likely I am wrong, and it is defiantly better to be safe then sorry.

Comment

Unless he is undergoing continual treatment and therapy, a sexual predator (and that IS what he is) will not suddenly stop being a sexual predator. CAS, you're at risk in your workplace, and if corporate doesn't hop to fixing it when you tell them you're experiencing a hostile work environment, LAWYER UP.

Many lawyers that handle hostile work environment suits work on a percentage of settlement received. Those aren't necessarily the BEST lawyers, but they're good enough lawyers to scare the hell outta corporate. Do NOT let the manager bully you out of your job by refusing to ban this dangerous predator from your store.
            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Working...
            X