This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    *tee hee* I have a yellow t-shirt with a little monkey eating a banana on the front. When I wear it, I ask people (who I know well, of course) if they want to touch my monkey.
    I'm happy like a little girl.

Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance.....
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      if someone is pulling any kind of "card" (be it race, gender, eye color, whatever) for not being treated *better* than everyone else...
      *points at her nail polish thread* I'm not asking to be treated *better* than anyone, I'm just asking for equality. And, yes, I will pull the gender card, and I do believe I did.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

You all are just hating because you don't like short Irish/Bulgarian married women with glasses! Now, just give me brand new BMW and we'll call it even.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

*points at her nail polish thread* I'm not asking to be treated *better* than anyone, I'm just asking for equality. And, yes, I will pull the gender card, and I do believe I did.
          yeah. there's nothing wrong with asking to be treated equally

it's the ones who want to be treated like they're gods and goddesses - especially at the expense of everyone else - i can't stand.

Comment

what does riding the bus have to do with accepting a check? I usually ride the bus 2 or 3 days a week and I know that if I don't get money in my account on time my checks won't clear...
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
              ENGFTS
              a woman comes into our store with a gun scope, atr our WM we don't sell guns and ammo. or gun acessories, such as scopes. I should have known something was sucky when this b-tch came through the door. Her opening salvo did not endear her to anyone in the store.
              SB:Scope b-tch
              M=manager
              CSM=CSM
              c=cashier

SB: Yo y'all i ain't standin' in any line. <Barges to front of line> i need to return this.
              C: Ma'am there were people in front of you.
              SB: So what? Yo' job is to wait on me. I need mah money back <slams scope down>
              C: Do you have your reciept.
              I'm surprised the rest of the people in line didn't say anything. I know I would have.

I've only had the "race card" pulled on me once, and it wasn't really an issue. The individual was drunk, but not "mean drunk." It was like he wanted to be abusive but didn't know exactly how to go about it, and only really wanted to get his beer.

I diffused him by telling him, No, I would not sell him another beer because I felt he'd already had enough, and then turning and asking the little girl who was with him if she was thirsty, and then giving her a glass of ice water (it was a hot summer day at the flea market).

Luckily, security caught up with them after they left my cart and got him to take a cab. I don't think he was capable of driving himself and the girl home.

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
              X