This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Pampas Grass in Your Yard?

If you are planning to put pampas grass in your yard, you should follow these steps.

1. Buy a foam rubber bat from the sporting goods store.
    2. Give bat to friend.
    3. Have friend beat you over the head until you promise you will never put pampas grass in your yard for as long as you live.
    4. Keep your promise.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Hmm, I sense more of a story here. Mom used to be into making all sorts of crafty crap, she planted a small patch of pampas, maybe 3x3'. It keeps expanding yearly, I think its up to about 20' square now.

Comment

Unfortunately, the blades of pampas grass feel like you're getting a paper cut every time they brush against your skin. He hated that sensation every time he cut the Bermuda grass. He removed it when he felt it was too much of a pain.

Comment

I had to chop down an overgrown pampas grass when I moved into my current house. It was planted in a single paving slab sized hole but had grown to about ten feet in diameter on top of it. I got so many cuts on my arms taking that thing down - weedkiller wouldn't work because I couldn't get near the roots and it was too hot for long sleeves.

Comment

My dad decided to have his two patches of pampas grass removed, he wanted to haul them off in his pickup truck. When the landscaper arrived to remove them, he offered to put them in his large dump truck. Both patches completely filled the dump truck. His pickup truck didn't stand a chance.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
            Unfortunately, the blades of pampas grass feel like you're getting a paper cut every time they brush against your skin. He hated that sensation every time he cut the Bermuda grass. He removed it when he felt it was too much of a pain.
            That's the truth. We had a couple of those in our front yard growing up.

And if we lost a birdie in those bushes, you could forget me or my brother going in after it. I wouldn't be surprised if whomever cut those down after we moved found at least a dozen of those things.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X