This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay away from my register!

How I neglected to post this right when it happened, I'm not sure.... but here goes.
    SC: the bastard himself
    Me: the one and only front counter ninja!
    MA: my store manager (who, for once, was closing)

SC's credit card was literally falling apart. the piece with the magnetic stripe was barely on there, it was cracked so bad.
    Me: Sir, your credit card won't swipe, so in order to process this I have to manually enter your card and then, since the purchase is over 25.00, make an imprint of your card on our receipt.
    SC: Okay
    Me: *processing.......*
    As I'm making an imprint on the thermal paper, he loses it.
    SC: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
    Me: I told you sir, when I manually enter a CC, I have to imprint the card. It's our store's policy.
    SC: I DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!! WHERE IS YOUR MANAGER?
    *For once, our store manager was in the store at night.... which was good, because I know he would've complained to her after the fact.*
    MA: *explains the same thing that I told him*
    SC <reaching over the counter to my keyboard> THIS *grabbing a receipt for an electronic check* DOESN'T HAVE THE IMPRINT! I WANT IT LIKE THIS!
    Me: *grabbing the receipt* Do NOT touch anything on my register. LEAVE IT ALONE.
    SC: I DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!! I'M TAKING THIS RECEIPT.
    MA: *tells him that in order for him to do that, we'll have to overring the transaction and re-ring it up with a different card or with cash*
    SC seemed okay with this..... until he gave me the same CC. I couldn't get it to swipe, yet again. Our store is set up where the cust doesn't scan the cards, its the employees (which I like). He proceeded to grab the card and beat the hell out of my scanner (which is in bad shape as it is) until it went through, which it eventually did.
    He was rude still when he left.
    His rental account had been used to rent over 300 movies. Not a bad customer, number wise. I promptly deleted his rental account. Of course, after telling him to have a great evening!

I don't understand why people don't ask their credit card company for a new card when their current one is falling to shits like that. Even a debit card. Once mine starts getting too scratched up and bent from being in my jeans butt pocket, I'm getting me a new shiny one!

Comment

Oh. My. Goddess. She actually closed???? I seem to remember one hell of a storm awhile back. Bet it was the same night!
      I'd love to get the video of the jerkwad beating on the scanner, too!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Let me guess.

He didn't have the Tyvek sleve that comes with the card and probably didn't even have a wallet.

You can make a damn good wallet out of a Fedex envelope with just a knife or scisors and they are made of Tyvek.
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

/trades in her duct tape wallet for a slim line Fed Ex envelope wallet.
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
            /trades in her duct tape wallet for a slim line Fed Ex envelope wallet.
            zzapp my meimei makes them. oh and thanks for cancling

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Oh. My. Goddess. She actually closed???? I seem to remember one hell of a storm awhile back. Bet it was the same night!
              I'd love to get the video of the jerkwad beating on the scanner, too!
              She did!!! Well, she was in the store and locked the doors. I kicked her out of the cash office and did everything myself, because she STILL can't do it right. I just had her log in to close everything, since I don't have the security permissions to do it. She had no problem doing that, though.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              zzapp my meimei makes them. oh and thanks for cancling
              Definitely! I don't like to take that crap sittin down!

Comment

Quoth delorean623 View Post
                I kicked her out of the cash office and did everything myself, because she STILL can't do it right.
                You know, I still haven't figured out how the hell that woman became a store manager when she doesn't know how to do the damn paperwork! Both Tina and Erika knew how to do it. Jen (our old asst., mgr over at San Pedro now, I think) would do it all for us, we just had to verify the bags!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                X