Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only two movies that really made me lose sleep (a lot of movies scare or scared me, but only these two TRULY frightened me) where Manitu, and IT.
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Who wants to guess that there was an epic number of people who confused 28 Days Later with 28 Days?

Also, I was afraid to eat sausage pizza after I saw the pizza scene in one Nightmare On Elm Street movie (can't remember which one).
      Those who don't know, Freddy turns a kid's head into a meatball on a pizza and eats it.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I saw people bring in five and six year olds to the simpsons movie, some even younger. Some kid kept kicking the back of my seat so I jammed it back really hard when he was kicking it one time and he finally stopped. It was annoying.

Are people stupid? LOOK AT THE RATINGS!

CARTOONS != KIDS SHOWS ALL THE TIME

Comment

I was at the movie theatre when South Park came out. People bringing their 8-10 year old kids to see it, coming out half an hour into it and ripping me a new one AFTER I made sure to tell any parents with kids that the movie is rated R and handed them the book with the synopsis and reason for the rating. Yeah, people just don't want to listen, and unfortunately I don't see that changing anytime soon.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Both of those movies scared the ever loving crap out of me and gave me nightmares... and I'm 33 years old! Not to mention I didn't even SEE "28 Days Later," I just heard the soundtrack as our houseguest watched it on the other side of the basement. (Note: screamy ultraviolent zombie movies are not conducive to concentration on beading. Said beading is currently paying my share of the rent...)

Comment

While I am opposed to censorship, I have to say the UK's movie rating system stops this kind of silliness. 28 Days Later was an 18 while Pan's Labyrinth was a 15.

The only film I've seen parents bring kids out because they were too scared is Monster House.

Of course we have weekly subtitled shows for the hard of hearing and god forbid people go and watch The Simpsons with subtitles without being forwarned in person (there are usually plenty of notices, including a big one on the doors of the screen).
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                Who wants to guess that there was an epic number of people who confused 28 Days Later with 28 Days?
                I told my husband that Alan Tudyk was in 28 Days, playing a gay, German addict in rehab, and was the best part of the movie. Husband thinks this is way cool, sets it to record on the DVR, and looks forward to fast forwarding to all the good parts.

Guess which movie he actually recorded? Yeah, you guessed it. I come home from work to him telling me that Alan Tudyk was not in the movie, it was a zombie flick, and the kids were in the room when he started watching it.

I asked him why the lack of a rehab center and Sandra Bullock didn't give him a clue.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Oh, man, I hate zombies.

LOVED Shaun of the Dead, though.
                  "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Ah yes. Parents who choose movies without thinking.

"Freddy vs. Jason" Clash of the freaking HORROR TITANS. Combined kill count? A lot. Lady takes her two kids who are both well under 10. I tell her, it's rated 18A, it really is not a film for kids. She brushes me off, and proceeds to come back less than a half hour later, saying she didn't know it would be like that.

Freddy Kreuger. Jason Vorhees. The HELL you say? I asked her what she thought it would be like. "I don't know."

GAH. And I've seen kids scared of Finding Nemo, of all things. So ratings aside, know your kid, too.

And I've had people ask for refunds just because they didn't want to read subtitles, even though it says "Movie Name (Subtitled)" Maybe they thought it was a new naming convention? Now we'll get movies call "Die Hard with a Subtitle! Or Sub Harder! Or Subtitle on Elm Street! Subtitle the Thirteenth! Pan's Subtitle!
                    >_>
                    <_<
                    Okay, I'm done.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      And I've had people ask for refunds just because they didn't want to read subtitles, even though it says "Movie Name (Subtitled)" Maybe they thought it was a new naming convention? Now we'll get movies call "Die Hard with a Subtitle! Or Sub Harder! Or Subtitle on Elm Street! Subtitle the Thirteenth! Pan's Subtitle!
                      >_>
                      <_<
                      Okay, I'm done.
                      I dont know if this makes me a sad, sad person, but I would totally watch those movies...

The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        Let's not forget Pirates of the Subtitle: Legend of the Subtitle, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Subtitles, Indiana Jones and the Last Subtitle, and the ever-popular Subtitle! the Sequal.

And why can I not quit imagining what these movies would be like.

Severous: Potter! Your timing is absolutely the worst timing in the history of magical Subtitleing! Do it over! Ten point from Gryfinddor!
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                          I dont know if this makes me a sad, sad person, but I would totally watch those movies...

Hey, think about Thumbtanic, Thumb Wars, The GodThumb, Blair Thumb, and Bat Thumb.

Subtitle the Thirteenth would fit right in. Maybe delete the vocal audio and put in completely stupid, MST3K style subs?
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

A friend of mine who works in a cinema has the following to add to the discussion:

Thank God for legally enforceable film ratings [in Australia].
                            He's got a point - there weren't no kiddies being being scared out of their wits in Pan's Labyrinth because it was rated MA and thus unviewable by anybody who could not prove they were over 15 - regardless of what mummy said.
                            I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth jb17kx View Post
                              He's got a point - there weren't no kiddies being being scared out of their wits in Pan's Labyrinth because it was rated MA and thus unviewable by anybody who could not prove they were over 15 - regardless of what mummy said.
                              Just watched that tonight, actually. I was thinking it was pretty dang awesome (especially the ending), but most definitely NOT for kids.

On the other hand, don't we all go on about how parents don't parent any more and expect us to do all their thinking for them? Legally restricting children from movies for their own good is one more step down that road.
                              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                              X