Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arguing Semantics Doesn't Change Facts.

Okay, so today I pick up the phone as usual and get this guy. I've blocked parts of the call from my memory in self defense, but here's the best reconstruction I can produce.

JAD:
    SFM: Stupid Fucking Moron
    {}s indicate my thoughts.

JAD: <usual greeting, ending with offering the Family Special, which is meant for like 3-4 people>
    SFM: No! don't want it! I'm just one guy and I don't need a damned FAMILY special.
    JAD: {Oooookay then. Someone's having a bad day!} Let me get your phone number, then?
    SFM: I've had to call three other Pizza Joints before this. You'd BETTER not tell me I need to call somewhere else. *gives number*
    JAD: {Well, that explains it. Sucks to be you, but good news! There's only 4 Pizza Joints in town, so you're us or we don't deliver to you at all.} Sorry to hear that, sir. You're not in our system, so let me get your last name and address?
    SFM: *Barks info*
    JAD: {He's stressed from getting the runaround, cut him some slack. It'll be over soon.} Okay, was that *Name* at *address*?
    SFM: Yeah. I want a small thin crust pepperoni.
    JAD: {Ooooor not...} I'm sorry, sir, but the smallest size the Pizza Joint franchises in this area carry are the 12" mediums, and our thin-crust is only available in the 14" large.
    SFM: You're fucking kidding me!
    JAD: {Gah! Time to go into Idiot Mode.} No, sir. The dough's come pre-portioned, and because of the lack of demand for 10" pizzas, the franchise owner has decided not to keep them in stock. There's even less overall demand for thin-crust, so he only has us keep the most popular size, which is the large. Did you want to get a medium, or a large thin-crust?
    SFM: Fine then! Give me a medium!
    JAD: {Finally! I'm almost rid of this fucking asshole!} Alright, then. Sorry about the inconvenience there. So that was a 12" original pizza with pepperoni?
    SFM: Are you TRYING to make me go somewhere else? I said I wanted a medium [I]thin/I] pizza.
    JAD: {Oh. No. He. Didn't. } No, sir, but it's not physically possible to provide what you're asking for. The large is only $2 more, though.
    SFM: Yes it is! You just asked if I wanted a medium or large thin-crust pizza!
    JAD: {*twitch* Fuck This!} *audibly annoyed* No, I did not. I told you that we only carry 14" thin-crusts, then I asked if you wanted a medium pizza or a large, thin-crust pizza. Those are the only options available.
    SFM: I don't want chewy pizza, and I don't want to order a large!
    JAD: {Suck it up and deal, you whiny little bitch! Everyone else does.} *still pissed* Unfortunately you're going to have to pick one or the other if you want to order pizza from us.
    SFM: Then I'm calling PIZZA HUT! *SLAM*
    JAD: {Gods have mercy! Let him drop dead before he can inflict himself on anyone else!}

What in the name of all that is holy was his problem? I mean, besides the whole uber-aggro entitlement whore thing. If $2 is such a problem, he doesn't need to be ordering pizza for delivery anyway.
    Last edited by JustADude; 08-18-2007, 09:10 AM.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

D'you... do you want a hug? The man sucks, and sucks large ones. If he ever finds a medium thin-crust pizza, the folks preparing it are going to piss in his pizza sauce.

Comment

seriously there is sooo much rage in people when it comes to pizza!!!!!

you would think... pizza is fun and cool and usually comes with good times
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

What I woulda done was to charge him for the large thin and cut it down to medium size. It works all the way around. It gives your SFM what he wants, it gives you a measure of satisfaction and because you'll use less toppings, it'll make the company money.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth MinimaMagistra View Post

D'you... do you want a hug? The man sucks, and sucks large ones. If he ever finds a medium thin-crust pizza, the folks preparing it are going to piss in his pizza sauce.

Thanks. I'm good now, though. I just wanted to share that little piece of ass-hattery with you all, since that's one of the finest examples of selective listening I've EVER had the misfortune to hear about, let alone experience.

On the other hand, between him and the RBD from the day before I'm worried my Anti-Suck Aura has begun to fail fatally.
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
            Wait, pizza comes with hookers? The delivery guys have been ripping me off!
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Hmmm.....he wants a thin-crust pizza, and if you don't give it to him, he's going to go to Pizza Hut, which is known for deep dish? Follow the logic on that one .......

(Yes, I know they also have thin pizzas, but if memory serves, their "thins" are about the same as most other places "regular" pizzas, which this guy didn't want)
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                Very true.

And I want pizza again, even though I had some for supper last night.

Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                  Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Very true. And I want pizza again, even though I had some for supper last night.
                  These are the points I don't get either - if I'm treating myself to a delivered pizza, I'm up about it (maybe I wouldn't be after the fourth call. Wait. I wouldn't have MADE four calls! ). Plus, since I'm paying delivery fee and tip, I get the largest pie I can and then save the rest for (duh) leftovers. JustADude's "SFM" is really a PPP - pizza party pooper.

Comment

Obviously, he doesn't know the cardinal rule about not f**king with the people who are going to make your food.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      I get the largest pie I can and then save the rest for (duh) leftovers.
                      Wise man say, "Leftover pizza today good breakfast tomorrow." Nothing better than cold pizza for breakfast.

I didn't even know places still offered small pizza. None of my places, not just the chains like Pizza Hut and Domino's but the mom&pop places too, offer anything but medium or large. Some have extra large.

And I've never had even a slight urge to act like that if they don't have what I wanted. If I call Pizza Hut and they're out of hand-tossed, I'll get a pan or thin crust. No biggie.
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pizza! Seriously, and maybe I've just been lucky, but I don't think it's possible to have bad pizza.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                          Wait, pizza comes with hookers? The delivery guys have been ripping me off!
                          Now that sounds like one of Gravekeeper's callers.

Was the area code 867 and did they specifically request a hooker dressed in pink camo?
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                            Wise man say, "Leftover pizza today good breakfast tomorrow." Nothing better than cold pizza for breakfast.
                            Exactly! There's no point in ordering a tiny pie unless there's some sort of special going on with it, because for a trivial amount more you can get enough for a second meal, thus halving the cost-per-portion.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                              SFM: I've had to call three other Pizza Joints before this. You'd BETTER not tell me I need to call somewhere else.
                              Red flag! Red flag!

As soon as he says that right off the top of the call, you KNOW its going to end badly.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                              X