This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sms001 View Post
    ahhhhhhhhh! So THIS guy is why so many frozen pizzas now say "Product must be cooked before eating." WTH? How many lawsuits or complaints do you think it takes before these warnings appear? How long before noodles come with "Product must be boiled (in water) and then have a bit of tasty marinara or cream sauce tossed on them before eating." label?
    Well, they already start the instructions with "remove tray from box"
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
      she told me that she had just bought her car that morning and couldn't find the knob to turn on her headlights.

Isn't that one of the things you should try to find the location of BEFORE you're out after dark?
      When I got my Explorer from my ex, I couldn't figure out how to fix the dash light. Granted it was something like 2 in the morning when I got it, and he turned the truck on for me, since he was a sweetie, but I admit I was stupid.

I stopped at a gas station on the way home, and for the life of me, couldn't figure out how to find the dimmer switch so I could actually SEE my spedometer. On my car, it was on the dash behind the headlight knob/switch thingy. Right now, I don't remember where it was on the truck, but it wasn't in the same spot.

Luckily I am good at judging speed by looking at the scenery whizzing past, but that's not a skill I want to be perfecting at bar time.
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        ahhhhhhhhh! So THIS guy is why so many frozen pizzas now say "Product must be cooked before eating." WTH? How many lawsuits or complaints do you think it takes before these warnings appear? How long before noodles come with "Product must be boiled (in water) and then have a bit of tasty marinara or cream sauce tossed on them before eating." label?
        He's also the reason why packages have "Contents will be hot once microwaved" on them.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          (On-Star should use that scenario for their next commercial..."Hello, On-Star? I don't know how to turn on the lights..." "Just a moment, ma'am, I'll send a signal and your lights will be on in a jiffy." "Oh, thank you so much, you've saved my life!")
          Phfhbbbphf! Bah! Ha ha ha! It's perfect! It's so easy to imagine. The caller has one of those backwoods redneck accents, and the announcer then comes on to extol the virtues of OnStar for all of life's car-related emergencies, big or small.

Of course, then people would start expecting remote oil changes and windshield cleanings... and sue when their car broke down for lack of maintenance claiming they expected someone else to do it for them... and try to return the car when they crashed it into a brick wall because they didn't read the instructions on how to use the brakes (which, by then, will consist of one paragraph of brake usage and twenty pages of warnings).
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

It must have been so embarrassing for her not to be able to figure out where the lights were.....ever cry to yourself because you felt like an incurable idiot for a few minutes?

/cries when she's extremely embarrassed or feels exceptionally stupid (I can't cure it!)
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Wait...he just threw the whole package of dry noodles in the microwave? ><

Sounds like an ex room mate of mine. Cept she did the opposite. Attempted microwave popcorn in the oven. Yeah, that was a kitchen fire....

I could do an entire post on her alone. =p

Comment

Dooo eeeeet!
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Well, if he doesn't read in the first place, the "MEN" and "WOMEN" signs are just suggestions, and don't apply to him.
                  Good point.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                    It must have been so embarrassing for her not to be able to figure out where the lights were.....ever cry to yourself because you felt like an incurable idiot for a few minutes?
                    True, and I have done that myself. Though if I had a brand new car and didn't know where everything was, I'd break out the car manual and look it up.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

On the whole car headlights problem, when I inherited my dad's Impala when he bought a Prius, I could not for the life of me figure out where the head lights were, so I asked. "They automatically come on when it gets dark."
                      "Well, what if I need them before that?"
                      "The little knob on the left of the steering wheel? Pull it out."
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

How does he manage to go to the toilet?
                        much less, get out of the house without killing himself.

gah. reading IS fundamental, but...
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                          Why some people don't read the directions on whatever they buy before they use it makes me wonder.
                          You actually expect them to READ????
                          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            On the whole car headlights problem, when I inherited my dad's Impala when he bought a Prius, I could not for the life of me figure out where the head lights were, so I asked. "They automatically come on when it gets dark."
                            "Well, what if I need them before that?"
                            "The little knob on the left of the steering wheel? Pull it out."
                            Both of my parents' cars, along with my best friend's Vibe have automatic headlights. After driving the Vibe for a week in Canada last year, I had to remember to turn on my headlights for the drive back to my house. Think I got spoiled.

The mention of OnStar reminded me of this You Tube video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Ch1VlmzXMQ
                            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
                              This happened yesterday, a man brought back a pack of lasange sheets, i opened them up and the sheets were completley black inside, i'm wondering what the hell he'd done to it when he says to me. "They didn't turn out like the picture on the packet, i want a refund" This genious thought the lasagne was a ready meal and he stuck the box into the microwave to cook it.
                              I know I'm a little late here, but you mean this moronic fuctard bought EMPTY lasagna trays and thought they were a ready meal lasagna?

If this guy is so stupid, HOW THE HELL DID HE GET TO THE GROCEREY STORE??? How did he get his driver's lisence? Seriously, this one takes the cake. I bow down and worship his ignorance AND stupidity. Now, whenever I see someone in my store and I think they are the most stupid person I've ever worked with, I will think of this thread and KNOW they can get even more stupid.

Hopefully he hasn't procreated yet or else we truly are on the way of idiocracy, and if he hasn't, he's someone who the Darwin Awards should watch closely. Seriously, his own actions (by his own admission) he SHOULD have at least an honorable mention now.

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                              I was out for my evening walk a couple nights ago. I came across a woman who was sitting in her car crying like a baby, to the point that her whole face was wet from the tears. Being the nice guy* that I am I stopped to ask her if she was ok. Once she calmed down enough to form a sentence, she told me that she had just bought her car that morning and couldn't find the knob to turn on her headlights.
                              Please please please tell me she at least had the inside light on, or the door open to turn on that light. Oh god, please please.

Wait, no, tell me she didn't so I'll have TWO people to think about now when I deal with the stupid customers at work.
                              Quote Dalesys:
                              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                                I know I'm a little late here, but you mean this moronic fuctard bought EMPTY lasagna trays and thought they were a ready meal lasagna?
                                Actually, I think it was the dry lasagne pasta sheets, for people who make their own lasagne. Either way, it's still boneheaded stupid.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X