This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally venting long-built up frustration. *long*

I've been working retail since being able to legally work at fifteen. Grocery store, Pizza Hut, bus boy (some of you might remember the Bus Man shorts I made a few years ago), psych ward counselor, CNA, and most recently, convenience store clerk.

That being said, I have enlisted in the Marines, and have less than two months left dealing with the soul-sucking, bitter, welfare-leeching bastards that infest my store. (This is not an exaggeration, my store gets the town dregs.) Thus, I've been relaxing my control over my temper, and have begun to occasionally snark back at some of the more assholish pricks I have to deal with. Here's a few exchanges you guys might enjoy.

To Quote The Gord: "Is AIDS better than syphilis?
    I don't smoke. Doesn't interest me as a bad habit, and here in Mass, it's ungodly expensive. Yet, every damn day, I have this conversation:

Idiot: "Got any specials?"
    (Note: We only get specials if our vendor sends them to us. We get resupplied on cigarettes on Thursday, and specials are almost always gone by Saturday)
    Me: "Nope, sold out." (Like I've told you a thousand times, stump-humper)
    Idiot *annoyed*: "Fine, gimme a pack of menthols."
    Me *Grrrrr*: "Which brand?"
    Idiot: "Which is good for menthols?"
    Me: "Wouldn't know. Don't smoke."
    Idiot *looking at me like I have a certain part of Ron Jeremy's anatomy growing out of my forehead*: "You don't smoke? Why?"
    Me *probably for the same reasons he apparently doesn't bath, I find it offensive*: "Dude, I work in a convenience store. How the hell am I supposed to afford a pack of smokes when I live on raman?"

This is usually followed by them buying the cheapest brand possible. Enjoy those Mustangs, buddy. I'm sure smoking the floor sweepings of the local pizza joint make for a great buzz.

I'ma bust you up, foo'!
    Ah, the little thuggies. Where would I be without you cretinous morons to make my normally dormant aggressive nature roar like it's just been sucker-punched in the 'nads by a midget with brass knuckles?

(Due to abuse of the system and theft, we are no longer allowed to do refunds. Only the manager or asst. manager is allowed to. Oh, imagine the fun that is...)

So these two thuggie wanna-bes come up with their purchases, including a two gallon jug of water from the cooler. They pay, and as I finish the transaction, the short one (mentally and physically, I'm sure) decides he wants to exchange the two gallon for the twenty-four pack of half-liters.

Thuggie: "Yo man, lemme get dis instead. I don' want that shit." *pointing to two gallon*
    Me: "Unfortunately, the transaction has already gone through. Store policy is I can't do refunds, which is idiotic. You'll have to come by tomorrow morning and have the manager or asst. manager refund it for you. They're usually here until one or two."
    Thuggie: "Man, I ain' comin' back here! Jus' do the refund man, lemme get that one instead!"
    Me *Thinking: Great, another ditch-licker who's gonna give me a hard time over something I can't control*: "Unfortunately, I can't do that sir. I have no control over this policy, otherwise I would have already done so."
    Thuggie: "Man, don' you be gettin' no attitude with me!" (Oh no he didn't... yeah, he did.)
    Me *switching from concerned clerk tone to I-Will-Erase-You-Voice-Of-God tone*: "This transaction is over. I have given you your options. Door is to your left, enjoy your evening."
    Thuggie *grabbing his items while his friend is wisely silent through the whole ordeal*: "That's right, you better not cop an attitude with me, I'll slap you with this two-liter!" *exits with friend in tow*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA... no. While I'm surprised you actually know what a two liter is, I'm sure it's only because you think yourself in with whatever the local hardcore drug-cooking gang-bangers are this month. Bitch, please. You'd be lucky if they'd let you spit-shine their overpriced Nikes.

I'm rather pleased he didn't try anything. More than likely, it would have ended up with him nursing a broken nose and me paying the company for a new counter top after slamming his face against it. Goddamn thuggies.

I will eat your soul
    The Welfare Leech. God, I hate these people with a fury that can only be sated by setting them on fire. Growing up, we were on welfare for several months after moving to get away from my father, so I know what it can be like trying to exist on it. But these people...

Guy comes up, dressed rather nicely. I'm guessing some sort of office worker or maybe courier. Had several Ruiz burritos, a couple two liters, and a ton of junk food. Everything is scanned, hit total. He whips out that damned blue card.

Me *Thinking: Shit.*: "Okay, $X.XX is covered under this." *holding up the card*
    Leech: "What?! This is all supposed to be covered!"
    Me: "The burritos are not covered under this, I don't know why."
    Leech: "But I didn't heat them up! They should be covered!"
    Me: "Doesn't matter, they're not covered, nor are any of the burritos."
    Leech: "But why not?!"
    Me *shrugging*: "Don't know. Don't care. They're not covered."
    Leech: "Then what am I supposed to do for food?!"
    Me: "Might I suggest the raman on aisle three?"

Yeah, he wasn't amused. But Jesus Christ tap-dancing on a hot griddle, I despise these people. I want to find the rat bastard who thought it was a good idea to put things like ice cream, candy, donuts, and various other NON-ESSENTIALS to be available on welfare.

When I rule this country, I'm going to make it so leeches like this are put to work doing something useful. Maybe community service. Or digging ditches. Or maybe I'll just institute the Roman Gladiator system, and make them battle for our entertainment while dining on grapes and exotic cheeses...

You fucking faggot!
    We have one semi-regular who is the very personification of the phrase, "Man-hating lesbian." I can literally see her bile and anger rise when she sees I'm the only one in the store working. While I do derive some amusement out of this, it's never been a factor until a couple weeks ago. Note: We get a few hundred people a day, so naturally, I don't remember everyone who comes in, even if they were in just that morning.

Man-Hater: "Need a pack of Marbs." *throws money on counter*
    Me *feeling that eye tic starting up again*: "One pack of Marl reds. And I'll need your ID please."
    (Now, I don't know her toilet habits, but I can only assume she uses course grain sandpaper to wipe her ass to achieve this level of pure attitude)
    Man-Hater: "THE FUCK?! YOU'VE CARDED ME BEFORE, YOU ASSHOLE!"
    Me *Ah, pure hate, how it warms my bitter heart...*: "Perhaps. However, I don't recall having seen you before. So I'll need to see your ID please."
    Man-Hater: "THIS IS BULLSHIT! YOU KNOW HOW OLD I AM! YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY, DON'T YOU? THIS IS SOME FUCKING GAME TO YOU, ISN'T IT?!"
    Me: "Actually, I don't know how old you are, hence asking for ID. And no, this is no game. If it was, I'd be hitting the reset button."
    Man-Hater *storming out, nearly taking the door off*: "YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!"

I couldn't help it. I turned to the wide-eyed gentleman behind her. "Hmm, a homophobic remark from someone the whole town knows is a raging lesbian. The irony is... delicious." He nearly choked on his coke from laughing.

Alas, she still comes in every now and then, and is still a bitch. I would card her, but I'm afraid I'd close one night only to find her waiting in the parking lot with a broken coke bottle and more of her ilk. I value the family jewels too much to put them in that kind of danger. On my last day though....

Those are but a few I've been dealing with. Perhaps I'll post more if people are interested.

BWAHAHAHA

OK... Had to get that out of my system.

BTW.. congrats and a big "Thanks!" from an Army wife. You are appreciated for your willingness to serve this country.

I'd be one willing (nay, eager) to read more stories from you.
    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Quoth The Scaly Bard View Post
      Man-Hater *storming out, nearly taking the door off*: "YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!"
      "At least I won't ever find you in my bed when I wake up from a hang-over, then."
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Pardon my french BUT..why is it so fucking hard to show ID? All it takes is a few seconds & you're on your way. That used to piss me off being a cashier at wally world & getting people who would throw a hissy fit when you asked them for ID.
        Let's say this....Show your damned ID or get the fuck out of my store!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!......LMAO!!

Comment

Personally, if I were you? After that attitude she doled out? I would card her EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Fuck her and her ridiculous attitude. You do not control store policy. You do not control the law. And you cannot possibly be expected to remember every fucktrumpet that walks through the door. I think you should get a really short memory and always (very politely) ask her for her ID when she buys an age-restricted item. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I deal with hundreds of people every day, and I can't POSSIBLY remember them all. Also, the law REQUIRES me to ask for ID. I'm afraid it's out of my hands. Sorry about that."

Yes, I am evil. Tell me something I don't know. But I am just so damned GOOD at it!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

That being said, I have enlisted in the Marines,
            Semper Fi! Listen to your Gunny. Keep your head down and your wits about you.

Don't let the squids touch any gun with a caliber under 25mm. And be nice to the Navy Amphibs, they don't HAVE to let you back on the boat.

Comment

OOOH RAH!

Semper Fi and all that!

Comment

1! 2! 3! 4! United States Marine Corps!

Ghetto wannabes, the most annoying aspect of pop culture I will ever see. By the way, post more!
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

things like ice cream, candy, donuts, and various other NON-ESSENTIALS
                  Sorry, but I consider ice cream to be essential...

Get the snark out now cuz you won't get away with it in boot camp! Good luck to you! Semper fi!
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't smoke. Doesn't interest me as a bad habit, and here in Mass, it's ungodly expensive. Yet, every damn day, I have this conversation:
                    I don't understand how anyone sells cigarettes in MA. The state isn't that big, go to NH or VT and get em for half the price! I was lucky being less than 10 min from NH, but hopefully, I have made my last cig purchase ever.

Those are but a few I've been dealing with. Perhaps I'll post more if people are interested.
                    Bring it on!!
                    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                    X