X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth eltf177 View Post
    Seven at one blow? As Montgomery Burns would say, "Excellent!"
    Thank you, I was very proud of myself.

I also made Christmas for a little girl. She had saved her allowance to buy a sweater for her mom because "Mommy needs a pretty sweater because she is always cold." The poor kid didn't understand about sales tax and only had a few cents more than the purchase price of the sweater. She didn't throw a fit when I explained about sales tax, she just looked sad and said she would put it back. I can discount things without getting the LOD involved, so I discounted the sweater 20% and explained to the little girl that I did it because she was nice to me. The way her face lit up when she realized that she then could pay for the sweater with the tax and still have money left over sure made my day.

Comment

Record

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
      We are under a quarantine at work..we have become the Hotel California. We will most likely still be in quarantine on Christmas day, so no visitors and OMG the families were calling and screaming at us tonight. So damn sorry we have a large number of elderly people with all manners of sewage coming out of every orifice and the state says shut it down. They barely come see their family members on a regular day, but all want to be so dutiful (re: stay in the will) on the holidays. So we ruined about 100 Christmases tonight..when we do it, we do it up right!
      I think we have a new record for number of Christmases ruined in a single day!

Comment

Guess what

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        So, I'm spending my last hour at the cent store and being depressed I haven't ruined anyone's Christmas yet. Suddenly, I managed to ruin 7 Christmases!!! 5 because they were shopping at the last minute and we were out of the sizes they needed
        I don't do Christmas but I just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas.

I saw the perfect shirt that I wanted to buy but they only had it in small, I needed a XXLarge.

They sent me to another store, they only had it in XLarge, again I was sent to another store.

There they only had it in Large. So they sent me to still another store that did not even have the shirt it turned out. They in turn sent me to the Straw Market.

At the Straw Market I must have gone thru 10-15 stalls and every time I saw my perfect pattern it turn out to be too small or worse a dress that would fit me. I don't wear dresses!!!

The problem of-course all the other fat male tourists like me had already bought up the XXLarge shirts.

Did I raise a fuss? NO! Instead I planned another trip to the Bahamas in February 2015, after all I still need an excuse to go on another cruise.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post

Did I raise a fuss? NO!
          Right? Creating a fuss would have just wasted everyone's time and still not gotten you the shirt.

I was at the grocery store on Monday, I think, trying to figure out if I had the right type of ham to use the coupon with. The wording wasn't quite right so I asked somebody, and sure enough, I had the wrong one. So I toddle off to find the right one, and end up reading the price wrong. In my defense, they had displayed the tags upside down. Anyway, when I realized the real price the poor girl behind the counter got this terrified look and asks if I still want it. I bought it anyway (it was worth it), and at no point did I use the words "misleading," "ridiculous," or "manager."
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            The problem of-course all the other fat male tourists like me had already bought up the XXLarge shirts.
            Actually, the root of the problem is that the manufacturer didn't realize what proportion of their potential customers were fat male tourists, and therefore didn't make enough XXL shirts. The problem was added to by clerks sending you to other stores without checking whether the other stores had the product you were looking for.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Sorry

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Actually, the root of the problem is that the manufacturer didn't realize what proportion of their potential customers were fat male tourists, and therefore didn't make enough XXL shirts. The problem was added to by clerks sending you to other stores without checking whether the other stores had the product you were looking for.
              While you are right about the manufacturer, you are wrong about clerks.

1) I tried to be pleasant to the clerks/sales people and they in turn were very pleasant to me. In comparison in Jamaica where everyone just wanted to sell me something whether I wanted it or not. And you note that I plan to go back, so they may have not made a sale now but they likely will in the future. And there is no way I am going back to Jamaica to buy something if I can help it.

2) This is the Bahamas, half the stores were just stalls and in the Straw Market there are nothing but stalls - so no store numbers. The clerks were trying to be helpful by telling me of where-else I might find the shirt instead. If instead I was a sucky customer causing a big fuss about them not having the shirt in my size I bet they would not have gone to the bother of sending me on to possible place to get what I want.

3) And because of the health problems I presently have from being over-weight I will not hide the facts from myself that if I did not eat so much not only would I have the shirt I wanted already, but also I would be a lot healthier person.

Comment

So the SC has time to come storming in to complain but not to fill her tank a bit early? I know of exactly no one who only goes to a gas station at the exact same time each week and no other day. This woman makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                X