This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    "Well you just ruined my Christmas! I hope you get coal in your stocking this year!"

And I hope you get Slim-Fast in yours. I can't help it that other people found the tree so gosh darn cute and started throwing their money at it.
    OOOOOH! I'll have to out that line in the "Snappy Statements To Stupid Questions" file!!!!

Comment

• I ruined a holiday when I wouldn't put a "rush" on a photo gift ordered at our lab two days before Christmas (orders like that require a week MINIMUM!). Not only can't we do it, but when you call me an F*****g jackass, that pretty much seals the deal!!!!

Comment

• Quoth ditchdj View Post
        Isn't there an old saying going around that says, "Poor planning on your half does not constitute an emergency on my behalf"???
        One of my absolute favorites!!!!

Comment

• memories

I work for (unnamed) and we close early on Christmas Eve,and stay closed until the 26th.It's amazing how many people wait until 6:25 pm to purchase their holiday dinner needs.They will bang on doors,try to squeeze in,scream,cry, not entertaining the idea that, even if they did get in,there's nobody left to ring them up(the last call is usually at 6:15,so we can get all employees out at 6:30) and the tills are locked up snug.
          It's also traditional for the employees to go to the bar next door and have a drink after closing.My friend John(now passed on,bless his soul) and I were in the parking lot about 2 hours later,and he said"just sit here and wait for a few-you won't believe it".He was right.Cars were pulling into the empty parking lot,going up to a store that was VERY OBVIOUSLY closed, and knocking on the door,waiting.Not just one person.This was 6 or 7 in about 20 minutes.Blew my mind.
          We fared better than Wally World,though.They apparently had to call the police on a customer that ,when she was told she could not come in,they were closing, went after the staff, and refused to leave the property.
          6:30 closing means we plan on locking the doors and leaving at 6:30..not staying open until 7:00 ringing out people who came in at the last second.
          How hard is that to understand?

Comment

• Got my first 'Ruined Christmas' today!

Is it bad I'm so gleeful about it?

MON: Middle of Nowhere (yours truly)
            Fleece Hag: my sucky customer

A manager paged me over to help a customer.

MON: Hi! How may I help you?
            Fleece Hag: Yes, I want this fleece jacket (holds up jacket) but I need a medium in black. **special note: she *is* holding the exact jacket she's talking about but admittedly, the 'black' from this manufacturer this season is truly 'off black'**
            MON: Well, Ma'am. You've got exactly what you need right there. The black from **BRANDNAME** is a little lighter than a true black.
            Fleece Hag: WWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTT????? That's not right. My friend was here a couple weeks ago and she bought the exact same thing in black
            MON: Well, it does look more black in daylight, the fluorescent lighting in here kind of washes it out.
            Fleece Hag: You're wrong! I want a BLAAAAAAACCCCKKK fleece jacket.
            MON: **trying to appease customer, my mistake** Ma'am, is it possible you're friend bought a different brand fleece? The jackets from **DIFFERENTNAMEBRAND** are a more true black? Would you like to see them?
            FleeceHag: NOOOOOO! I know she bought this jacket!! Where is the black?
            MON: Ma'am, that is the black this year from **BRANDNAME** - shows her tag with 'black' color listing on it.
            FleeceHag: I called last week and they said they'd be getting more of this jacket! Did it arrive?
            MON: I'm not sure Ma'am, but I know the manager filled this shop today and this is the current product.
            FleeceHag: You're not very helpful
            MON: Thank you, Ma'am. Merry Christmas

As a postscript to the whole event, I found out from one of my buddies at CS customer had complained about me. Apparently she found my inability to conjure up the proper black jacket unacceptable. Customer complained to CS: 'That MiddleofNowhere is not very helpful!'

CS's reply? 'MiddleofNowhere is one of our senior and best associates. Thank you and Merry Christmas!'

I love my CS crew sometimes!
            Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

Comment

• Yeah I have ruined lots and lots of Christmases all over by not having Wii, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, and whatever else Wii piece of crap in stock.

God I really really am hating Nintendo for the Wii due to the fanaticalness by SCs over the damn dumb thing. So yeah.....

... I have indeed done it.
              New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
              New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

• Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                Sounds like an idea for a contest. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to ruin anyones Christmas.
                Same here. My only contact with customers at work is if I have to cover the switchboard. All my calls are basically hi & bye. I don't really have time to ruin anyone's Christmas, or any other day for that matter.
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
                X