This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    My grandmother would always add lace to the fronts of her shirts when she spilled coffee on them. And she'd just replace the lace when she did it again.
    I'm a goth because it covers up the fact that I'm a slob... coffee doesn't show on a black shirt.

Comment

Scarves are the disabled woman's bib.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Scarves are the disabled woman's bib.
        It can be a bib or a shield... and it's reversable! Clever.

Comment

Thank you!
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I've always wanted to sew... Sadly, I've got a fear of sewing machines, seeing as when I was a kid I kinda repeatedly stabbed myself with one after mom left it on to use the bathroom.

Nice going, HD. You're a dandy and you can't sew.
            Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Oh wow, I can't believe this post was used in the strip. That makes me so happy. And I love being drawn as a hot guy with an eyebrow ring.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/strip/i...ate=2009-06-07
              didn't hyperlink cause I'm on my iPod and can't paste and I'm too lazy to type all that, but not too lazy to type the really long almost but not really run on sentence.

Comment

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
                Oh wow, I can't believe this post was used in the strip. That makes me so happy. And I love being drawn as a hot guy with an eyebrow ring.
                The customer in the comic is a lot more polite. And I still think the funniest bit was when she was demanding to know where she'd buy fabric, while she was standing inside a fabric store!!!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

For those of us who remember REAL sewing machines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999ph8iRT4o
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
                    Sadly, I've got a fear of sewing machines, seeing as when I was a kid I kinda repeatedly stabbed myself with one after mom left it on to use the bathroom.
                    Did this once. Sewing along, happy-dappy, and got my thumb in the way of the needle. Good, sturday machine, that one.

Fortunately the toolkit for it was close by, so I could reach the screwdriver to release the needle from the machine.

Then I had to go to the garage to get a pair of pliers to get the needle out of my thumbnail.

Then I had to run the cold water a long time to get it to stop bleeding.

Then I had to show it to my husband.

He fainted.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      For those of us who remember REAL sewing machines.
                      I once made a shirt on a treadle sewing machine I got from my Grandmother. Sometimes I wish I still had it. It could sew the heavy stuff modern sewing machines balk at.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                      X