Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pizza people love delivering to me. I've been know to tip 100% If the pizza cost under $10. No less then 20 percent if I am ordering for a lot of people (and I am the only one who tips around here, so the whole 20% comes from me alone or it would be MUCH better). I've never tipped under 50% for a delivery for myself. At restaurants my standard is only 20% (sorry about that).

Anyhow I always get my pizza about 10-15 minutes before the time they quote me, and the driver always greets me by name..even if it is a brand new driver I've never met before lol (first name not last..think word got out about how good of tips I give)
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

To be fair, in many countries tipping is not part of the culture at all, or to a much lesser extent than in the US. So not only are people from those other countries not used to the idea or familiar with the procedure, but it could be argued that it's not fundamentally intuitive either.

The extreme case would be somewhere like Japan, where attempts to tip would be met with confusion, embarrassment or even taking outright offence. There, good service is considered a basic part of the job and compensated (and enforced) accordingly by the employer, not the customer.

Comment

My hubby sent me this thread, because of the title.

He has never heard anyone other than myself use "Frell" as an expletive. I don't remember where I picked it up… do you remember where you got it?
        (I also use TANJ from Larry Niven's "Known Space" universe, and Frack from the original Battlestar Galactica. I don't think Frell is from BG, but I cannot place it…)

Comment

A few weeks ago I was leaving my complex...and saw a pizzaguy head to a neighbor's house...I had a random thought, rushed to him, gave him two bucks, and said "keep it in case you get stiffed today" and ran off to the confusion of my bestie

He drove past me soon after and honked his horn in thanks.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
            So I'm still fuzzy on this one. The store gives each employee $15 in cash each time they go out. If the employee uses the $15 to make change, the bills they made change for go back to the store, reducing the $15 by whatever they payed out. Then when the employee gets back, they're required to give the store back $15 cash, making up whatever change they used out of pocket? That seems... illegal. Do they pay the employees back this amount later, or are they just extorting change-making money from their minimum wage, less-than-full-time-hours staff?
            I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one as well.

How in god's name could he have owed anything at all? If the store provides the float to make change with and J collects for the full amount owing how can he be in the hole at the end of the night unless he gave his customers more change than they were entitled to?

I am completely boggled by this.
            The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Quoth cattaur View Post
              My hubby sent me this thread, because of the title.

He has never heard anyone other than myself use "Frell" as an expletive. I don't remember where I picked it up… do you remember where you got it?
              (I also use TANJ from Larry Niven's "Known Space" universe, and Frack from the original Battlestar Galactica. I don't think Frell is from BG, but I cannot place it…)
              Farscape perhaps?

Comment

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
                Farscape perhaps?
                Looks like it.

Which is odd, because while I remember seeing several episodes, I didn't follow the series regularly… I wouldn't have thought it would have influenced my language that much…

»shrugs«

Comment

Quoth Fudgethatkay View Post
                  A few weeks ago I was leaving my complex...and saw a pizzaguy head to a neighbor's house...I had a random thought, rushed to him, gave him two bucks, and said "keep it in case you get stiffed today" and ran off to the confusion of my bestie

He drove past me soon after and honked his horn in thanks.
                  Again I will say Pizza Delivery Drivers accross the country rejoice and sing songs of praise to people like you.

A tip of the hat and a hearty THANK YOU.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

So I'm still fuzzy on this one. The store gives each employee $15 in cash each time they go out. If the employee uses the $15 to make change, the bills they made change for go back to the store, reducing the $15 by whatever they paid out. Then when the employee gets back, they're required to give the store back $15 cash, making up whatever change they used out of pocket? That seems... illegal. Do they pay the employees back this amount later, or are they just extorting change-making money from their minimum wage, less-than-full-time-hours staff?
                    Illegal, yes.
                    Did this situation get further explained? Not HERE, but to ME, yes.

What happened was this:
                    embezzlement. manager taking money for himself and posting it as losses in deliveries and other such methods that took far too long to find by the stupid (rant rant rant) folks at Corporate.

H (manager) has been informed of his privilege to immediately seek legal counsel, and J, the other two drivers, and myself all received "Bonus"es on this past paycheck... amounting to amounts we had to pay out of pocket for the till. The situation has been dealt with, though not to everyone's approval. (We all still want an apology.)

Comment

Quoth Insomnia View Post
                      You are most welcome! My friend thought that the delivery fee WAS the tip.
                      no no! the Delivery charge is supposed to help defray the costs of two things: increased food costs, and any losses to the till.
                      Not a perfect system, and it seems to actually do more harm than good, but how else do you think pizza has remained at $12 for a large when gas is more expensive by the gallon than GOLD is by the TON?!

Comment

Quoth cattaur View Post
                        and Frack from the original Battlestar Galactica.
                        But I thought the engines burned Tylium, not shale gas.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

oh man... okay... it is RACE WEEKEND in the area now...
                          ...drunks and rednecks from the nation-over are pilgrimage to my area...

...and THIS GUY has to order pizza.
                          He orders $250 in food, and when asked for his address, he says "Red Barn Campground; white camper."
                          I look at the phone, and ask, "Sir, can you be more specific? How many white campers are in your campground?"
                          The line goes quiet for 15 full seconds, then he says, "Uhm, why don't I meet you?"

I show up and he's so drunk, I can smell the Budweiser on him.

Worse, he gives me $2 tip.

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                            oh man... okay... it is RACE WEEKEND in the area now...
                            ...drunks and rednecks from the nation-over are pilgrimage to my area...

Worse, he gives me $2 tip.
                            My town's hell is just getting started. HOME football games. Here in the heart of Cheeseheadland home games at the internationally known temple of football get insane. Between the massive pre/post game traffic in our smallish town, the swarms of drunk pedestrians who have NO reguard for road rules and their own safety, the drunks who thankfully stay at home to order delivery, and people who think I am a taxi.

Then there are the tailgaters at the various parking lots surrounding who want(read TRY) to order delivery in the middle of that. NOT happening NO WAY NO HOW. Sorry if you want that order PICK IT UP.

FUN FEST for me.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Wow, wish more of you guys lived in my area. My sister and I are famous in a couple of pizza joints, I think.

Most famously, we had no food, parents were out of town, left us 40 dollars in cash for pizza. It was horrible, rainy weather, probably some of the worst in a couple years.

Realized we couldn't pay the 22 dollar order and a fair tip, so we just told them to keep the extra 18 bucks as change and be dry, rather than run back to the vehicle and come back with the money.

We get a lot of fast responses from that pizza place now.

Most recently, Checkers Pizza, we ordered 12 dollars worth of pizza on a whim. Ended up tipping him the extra 8 bucks. I expect better service in the future.

Comment

NEW HORROR TALE!!!
                                I'm up to my unmentionable trio in the process of closing out the store for the night, and THIS calls and orders pizza. Dude, delivery period ends in ten minutes! Da frell! Well, I have to get the order made, and then try and deliver it. Three guys walk in and order a sandwich each.
                                All goes well, and I get the order out the door...
                                ...and the trouble begins.
                                In my area, it is either against hillbilly redneck law to have numbers on your trailer and mailbox, or it's just too much effort to take a bleedin' SHARPIE and WRITE it on the door, and street lights are rifle targets, so I get lost. I call and try and explain, guy seems cool.
                                Until I get to the door and explain.
                                And that's when I smelled it.
                                A scent you cannot forget. EVER. The smell of rancid fecal matter that has been vomited upon, then coated in antifreeze and set aflame. And under it, the scent of burning wet rope.

METH. With a marijuana chaser.

Guy leaps down my throat for three minutes, saying he's going to have my job, 'cause this is the longest delivery he's ever suffered through, and he's gonna call corporate on me.

I was polite, apologetic... and this guy calls the store and accuses me of more crap!! WTF?! My shift manager said he believes me, but tomorrow will tell true...

I'd call the local Narc Unit on this junkie, but I know the local narcs never do anything to small-timers and are usually in on the action.

but the longest delivery ever? maybe if you're so wired on meth that you have to down yourself with a joint, and get the munchies.

>>> streak here<<<

Comment

Working...
                                X