X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Twitch!

You mean they're not parts of Alberta?
    Last edited by EricKei; 11-06-2013, 07:18 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

I'm guilty of the "that's not how we do it back home, line", but it's in the context of "I'm sorry, I was stupid to not make sure I knew local law/custom". The one time that got me in trouble was shortly after I moved to North Dakota. Everywhere I've ever driven, the law is that you can make a U-turn at a light unless there's a sign posted stating otherwise. In ND, it's the opposite. You can't make a U-turn at a light unless there's a sign saying you can. I got pulled over. I still had Florida tags on my car (it was literally my second day there). The cop was nice and informed me of the difference, telling me that it's actually a common mistake, but to be more mindful of it in the future. I said "Yes, Sir!", thanked him for his understanding, and went on my way.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        A surprising number of people honestly believe that their local laws come with them.
        Not sure where he was then because in my neck of the woods (well prairies) the only time it's illegal to tow a peace officer or police officer's car is when they're on an emergency call and that's when the lights are flashing. Hell, if they're issuing a summons and they get towed it's permissible and all that will happen is the fine gets docked from their pay when the station pays for it.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Twitch may have poor CS skills, but you gotta admit, by your description, gets the job done and does it well.
          You don't need to be Mr. Jeeves polite to tow illegally parked vehicles. And when some asshat tries to start something, Twitch has every right to channel the Main Man...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            You don't need to be Mr. Jeeves polite to tow illegally parked vehicles. And when some asshat tries to start something, Twitch has every right to channel the Main Man...
            Great, now I have an image of him driving a tow truck and yelling "LIGHTS OUT, CLYDE!" before leveling someone who reached in the window........

You got ten seconds to let go of my ride before I frag you an' every motherluvin' person you know... one...two................... TEN! *SOCK!*
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

You got ten seconds to let go of my ride before I frag you an' every motherluvin' person you know... one...two................... TEN! *SOCK!*

SC: "But I've got permission to park here!"
              Lobo/Twitch: "Izzatso?"
              SC: "Yeah, the owner gave me permission to park here!"
              Lobo/Twitch: "Well, Clyde, you see what's in this car here?" (grabs bad parker and slams him through the windshield of neighboring car)
              SC: "Yaarrgghh!!!"
              Lobo/Twitch: "See, dweeb, THAT is a parking permit. That is how the owner gives permission to park here. Now, do you see one in your car?" (pulls bad parker out of neighboring car and slams him through his own windshield)
              SC: "Urrrgghh..."
              Lobo/Twitch: "So that's 'no'. You ain't got a permit, you ain't got permission, now you ain't got a fraggin' car, ya bastich! Or a skull, for that matter."

Last edited by XCashier; 11-09-2013, 02:49 AM.
              My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                SC: "Yeah, the owner gave me permission to park here!"
                Lobo/Twitch: "Well, Clyde, you see what's in this car here?" (grabs bad parker and slams him through the windshield of neighboring car)
                SC: "Yaarrgghh!!!"
                Lobo/Twitch: "See, dweeb, THAT is a parking permit. That is how the owner gives permission to park here.
                That's bad customer service - what did the owner of the neigbouring car (the one parked LEGALLY with a permit) do to deserve getting his windshield smashed?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  That's bad customer service - what did the owner of the neigbouring car (the one parked LEGALLY with a permit) do to deserve getting his windshield smashed?
                  Be in the vicinity when The Main Man was feeling violent.

(i.e., be in the vicinity of The Main Man)
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Great, now I have an image of him driving a tow truck and yelling "LIGHTS OUT, CLYDE!" before leveling someone who reached in the window........

This is what I see in my head . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98QrSSHxo4
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Be in the vicinity when The Main Man was feeling violent.

(i.e., be in the vicinity of The Main Man)
                      How do you think Al feels everytime Lobo stops by his Diner?

Besides, the innocent motorist probably has good insurance to fix his car. And if he's smart, he stayed well out of the way as the lesson was doled out to the bad parker.
                      My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                      X