This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Seanette, must be related to the "4-wheeler beacon" (gonna have to spec my next truck WITHOUT one). Middle of the night in an industrial area, consignee has a row of loading bays facing the street, no other vehicles in sight. I start backing into the bay, and out of nowhere a whole bunch of cars appear. It's almost as if there's some signaling device that says "big rig manouvering - come get in the way".
    My favorite uncle is a trucker. I'm going to have to ask him about this one.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

People who leave unlabeled carts of crap in front of the gate on the second floor of receiving.

When this happens and I have stuff to lift upstairs with the forklift, I just shove the cart out of the way so I can lift up my stuff. Of course somebody then gets butthurt because apparently I was supposed to know that cart was stuff needing to be brought downstairs.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"I know it's not your fault, but..."

Stop. Right. There. You know it's not my fault but you're going to bitch at me anyway? Fuck that.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I have a few "favorites" at work.

1) Parents who let their kids run loose through our lobby and play on the dog scale. When I first started working at the vet hospital, we had a woman come in with a couple of kids and one of them was jumping on the scale. My manager told the little kid, "Oh sweetie! Please don't play on that. It's very expensive and you don't want your mommy to end up having to pay $1400 if it breaks." The woman got that kid off the scale very quickly.

2) The people who don't have their dogs leashed and let them run loose through the lobby. We have signs posted throughout the lobby and we even have some leashes that people can use. The people who don't put their dogs on a leash before getting out of a car are just as bad. I've seen dogs take off and we have a busy road near us. People who don't put their cats in a kennel are pretty bad too.

Comment

Working...
          X