This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seanette View Post
    And I thought the guy who called my store (run by a church that's very firm on the Sabbath, which in our case is Sunday) to whine because we weren't going to open on Sundays "because it's the holidays" was a jerk!
    Wait, What?

He was trying to get a business ran by a devoutly (insert religion) organization to be open on their Holy day, because they are celebrating their Holy holiday?

I think that complaint wins the 'fail award: excellence in stupidity'
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      You ruined a Christmas. I'M JEALOUS AND I HATE YOU AND I'M JEALOUS AND I HATE YOU.

Less than a week to go. I had best get cracking.
      I wasn't sure if I could continue my tradition of ruining at least one Christmas for an SC, but it happened! Not as epic as some of the others, but it'll do.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Boxing Day is big in Canada as well; Black Friday has been encroaching on it for our biggest Shopping Day of the year; but Boxing Day is still (just) holding onto the title I believe.

In New Brunswick, Boxing Day is still a Stat holiday, so stores can't be open, which nudges all the sales to the next day.

And somewhat ironically considering one of the purposes of the day (to do returns/exchanges), most stores don't allow Returns or Exchanges on Boxing Day, or even for most of the week between XMas and New Years, due to the Boxing Week Sale crowds.

I don't work retail; I'm just a code monkey in an office, but I'm working on XMas eve myself. Ran out of vacation days so I'm working up to the 24th. No big deal; I'll just make sure my shopping is done, and anything I don't have, can wait till afterward.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
          Ah, the Boxing Day sales. That takes me back to a simpler time, when sales were the exception rather than the rule, and waiting to buy stuff actually yielded significant savings...
          I am old enough that I can remember when the after Christmas sales didn't start until January - and not New Year's Day, but the day after, because retail staff were still human then and therefore had lives and families.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

My local everything store is closing at 6 on Christmas Eve. The pharmacist was telling me today that about 5pm on December 24th is when the jewelry department makes a ton of money as forgetful husbands run in at the last possible minute asking things like "Do you think my wife would like this??"

Comment

Ah yes, the very last-second shoppers. They can and will be talked into buying anything. Unfortunately they will also trash the store.

Luckily, I most likely will not be dealing with them.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                Wait, What?

He was trying to get a business ran by a devoutly (insert religion) organization to be open on their Holy day, because they are celebrating their Holy holiday?
                Yeah, pretty much. He apparently felt that it was reasonable to expect that God would suspend the Sabbath thing to accommodate his shopping wishes.

I think that complaint wins the 'fail award: excellence in stupidity'
                (giggle) It's certainly a strong contestant.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth TopEndDave View Post
                  * but we didn't open on Boxing Day as none of the franchisees wanted to work that day. There were four people with keys/codes to the building and none of them wanted to work that day. So the store stayed closed and we got lots of "Why weren't you open yesterday?" rants.
                  You have no idea how jealous I am... I have to work 8am-9pm that day...

Comment

This may sound like an idea that originated in a padded room, but if OP's customer can't get to the gas station earlier than 20:00, and the gas station will close at 18:30 on Christmas Eve, maybe they could fill their tank on the 23rd - considering the size of England, it's highly unlikely that they'd go through a full tank before the station opens again on the 27th (I assume they'll be closed all day on Christmas and Boxing Day).
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      This may sound like an idea that originated in a padded room, but if OP's customer can't get to the gas station earlier than 20:00, and the gas station will close at 18:30 on Christmas Eve, maybe they could fill their tank on the 23rd - considering the size of England, it's highly unlikely that they'd go through a full tank before the station opens again on the 27th (I assume they'll be closed all day on Christmas and Boxing Day).
                      The really stupid thing is that there's a Sea Creatures Home petrol station just two minutes drive away that's open til midnight Christmas Eve. She just doesn't want to go there cuz our petrol's cheaper. Yes, but we're not going to be open at eight, so that's kind of immaterial.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Ah yes, the very last-second shoppers. They can and will be talked into buying anything. Unfortunately they will also trash the store.

Luckily, I most likely will not be dealing with them.
                        Who has two thumbs and is being punished by karma for writing the above? THIS GUY.

I have to work the closing shift Christmas Eve. Pbeh.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Believe it or not,what some smaller stores-especially family owned ones- do here is close Christmas Eve. Christmas Day and Boxing Day are holidays,then it's the weekend-27 and 28. That only leaves Wed and Thur before New Year's holidays.So they shut up shop for the whole lot and open again on say 4 January. 10-11 days of happy holidays away from the nasty SCs camping outside for a week and a half
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

"You ruined Christmas!"

Only if you let me.

Are these the same people who shriek at their wedding vendors that the napkins, which are a teensy shade whiter than eggshell, "ruined [their] wedding?"

Honestly. If not having some stupid product or gift on Christmas morning is going to ruin one's Christmas, they must not have many happy Christmases. How sad!

Comment

We are under a quarantine at work..we have become the Hotel California. We will most likely still be in quarantine on Christmas day, so no visitors and OMG the families were calling and screaming at us tonight. So damn sorry we have a large number of elderly people with all manners of sewage coming out of every orifice and the state says shut it down. They barely come see their family members on a regular day, but all want to be so dutiful (re: stay in the will) on the holidays. So we ruined about 100 Christmases tonight..when we do it, we do it up right!

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                                We are under a quarantine at work..we have become the Hotel California. We will most likely still be in quarantine on Christmas day, so no visitors and OMG the families were calling and screaming at us tonight. So damn sorry we have a large number of elderly people with all manners of sewage coming out of every orifice and the state says shut it down. They barely come see their family members on a regular day, but all want to be so dutiful (re: stay in the will) on the holidays. So we ruined about 100 Christmases tonight..when we do it, we do it up right!
                                And the last thing these people need are gawking relatives or worse, somebody bringing another disease or virus in with them! You know they'll bring the little ones which seem to be walking sniffles at the best of times...

Comment

Working...
                                X