Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get free service for the rest of my life?
    Say yes say yes 'cause I need to know
    You say you'll never meet my demands until the day I die
    Tough luck my friend, but the answer is no
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

My BEST one - I was helping out at the front desk - which is Not My Job, I'm a surgery nurse here. Woman walks up to the front counter and demands a Dr to look at her cat. (It's not an emergency, she's just super rude and angry all the time)
      Tell her that sorry, all Drs are in surgery or in with clients Who Kept THEIR Appointments (she didn't) and that she will have to reschedule.
      Nope, not good enough. Bump a client Right Nao (said in front of other clients waiting their turns patiently, ON TIME...)
      Be shocked that she said such a thing, clarify that she DID mean exactly that, and be firm and seriously annoyed at her request and fail to keep my tone of voice Happy To Help Her. Tell her I wouldn't bump her actual appointment for somebody else, and she CANNOT expect me to do that to people who DID keep their appointments.
      Ooooh, stupid me, she DOES expect me to bump them, and she's dead serious about it. And getting louder.
      Refuse to do it, staying as nice as I can (which isn't very, by this time)
      Woman huffs away, goes home and complains to corporate that I was rude both in tone of voice, words, and refusal to accommodate her.
      Corporate emails me to ask WTH happened?! I explain, get corroboration from co-workers, corporate goes away placated.
      Woman never actually returns, as far as I know; I don't know if she transferred her pets to another hospital, or she got moved for work, or why we don't see her angry self anymore but WINWINWINWIN for us! Other customers witnessing this mess praised me for maintaining reasonably well, and for not bowing down to her demands. But, wow! That woman is epic!

Comment

-Telling someone that they are not to yell at me, and to leave my office until they have cooled down

-telling someone "no"

- refusing to give out client information to a family member and explaining that privacy laws prohibit me from doing so

-Telling a public defender if he continued to curse at me, I would disconnect the call and inform his supervisors

(I have to be ACTUALLY rude and nasty to get in trouble)

Comment

I'm about to be rude. Clocking in 10 minutes from now and I'm sure all kinds of people will want soda even though I'm not open yet. Why? Because the seniors are there having coffee. I don't blame others for expecting to be served, but when I have to turn them down I will be the rude one, even though management made this ridiculous decision.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Wow...you guys are incredibly rude!
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

--pointing down the aisle after a customer asked where a product was (he said it's rude to point, even though I wasn't pointing at any person, it was an empty aisle)

--saying "have a nice day" instead of "thank you" after payment.

--telling someone that I can't turn down the volume to the music because he's on a cellphone call

--stocking shelves during the day (customer believed I shouldn't do that during opening hours)

--using a headset to ask the backroom if we have a certain size of jeans in stock.
              Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
              Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
              Fiancee: What?!
              Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I am so buying a quilt from you if I ever have the money. And I will pay full price.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

* Telling a customer that no, I can't let him off paying the twenty pence he went over when filling his car.

* Telling a customer who showed up at five minutes past closing time that we were closed and I wasn't going to let him in.

* Telling a customer who had just put £80 of the wrong fuel in her car that the petrol station wouldn't eat the cost and that she had to pay for it as well as the fuel drain and the correct fuel.

* Telling a customer that she can't use our staff toilet and she would have to walk over the road.

* Walking away from the till cuz a customer was swearing at me and using threatening gestures.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    * Telling a customer who had just put £80 of the wrong fuel in her car that the petrol station wouldn't eat the cost and that she had to pay for it as well as the fuel drain and the correct fuel.
                    I want to hear more!

Comment

Most likely putting diesel in a gasoline car or vice versa. From the cost of fuel, sounds like she put in pretty close to a full tank of the wrong stuff.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I once asked a local cop his ID to check to be allowed to pick up something he ordered online. He had to go back to his squad car to get it.

Thought it funny at the time...well, i still do...but I realize I probably was being rude even though his car was about 10-15 ft away

Comment

Pretty much. While it's entirely possible to be away with the fairies to such an extent that you manage to put the wrong fuel in your car, most people stop well before they fill the tank. This woman managed to fill her petrol car up to the brim with diesel. When she came inside, she said, "I expect that you let people off paying in this kind of case."

I replied, "I'm sorry, but you still have to pay for it."

She replied, huffily, "There's no reason to be so rude! Get me a manager."

So I did. But her request was in vain; Craig told her the same as me, namely, that she had to pay for the fuel she'd put in. She then burst into crocodile tears but that didn't work cuz, get this, Craig would be in deep shit if he let a customer off paying for £80 of diesel. In the end, she paid £80 for the diesel, about £180 for her tank to be washed out and then another £50 for petrol. I felt sorry for her right up to the moment that she called me rude, just cuz I told her something she didn't want to hear.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            In the end, she paid £80 for the diesel, about £180 for her tank to be washed out and then another £50 for petrol.
                            I'm shocked at 2 things: how cheap the tank washout was (considering mixed diesel and gasoline can't be used in EITHER kind of engine, so it has to be disposed of as hazardous material - did the shop that did the washout have an oil furnace which could have used the (estimated) 90/10 diesel/gas mix?), and the fact that diesel is that much more expensive than gasoline (I'm assuming that she filled the tank with gasoline after the washout).
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've been called rude for:

--Warning someone that I was cleaning up a spill (or daring to clean it in the first place).
                              --Refusing to put through an expired/wrong coupon.
                              --Not handing someone their receipt immediately because the receipt tape ran out.
                              --Asking the next person to wait while I changed the receipt tape.
                              --Catching someone trying to ring a steak or anything else in as bananas (you see me standing right there, what did you think was gonna happen?)
                              --Keeping someone's kid from running into the parking lot/splitting their skull open.
                              --Refusing to deal with an SC who starts swearing.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I was under the impression gas nozzles and diesel nozzles are of different diameters to prevent something like this. In the US Diesel nozzles are green to make it obvious it's not unleaded gas.

And why should you eat her mistake, especially such an expensive one? £80 is an awful lot of money to write off, you know corporate would be asking a LOT of questions about that!

Comment

Working...
                                X