Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just... I still cannot get why there are people who forget that a cigarette is a smoldering object. *sigh*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      Not necessarily. IIRC some of your newer vehicles don't have cigarette lighters or ashtrays.
      The last two Toyotas I've owned (2007 and the '13 I just bought) didn't come with either. The "ashtray" is just a plastic cubbyhole and the "lighter" is just a flip-open cap over a power port.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

There are two designated smoking areas at my park. I admit they're kind of a hassle to get to from most of the major attractions but they're there for a reason. If we see anybody smoking anywhere else we are expected to politely ask them to put it out and direct them towards the nearest smoking area.

If they're far enough out of the way from any crowds I usually just turn a blind eye. Oops.

I've seen so many guests just throw their still lit cigarette in trash cans when they are asked to put them out. Every once in a while I'll hear radio calls about a trash can on fire and it's always due to someone throwing a cigarette in there. I'd rather they just stomp them out on the ground so a park quality person can come by and sweep them up later.

My recent pet peeve has been those vapor e-cigarettes. So many guests feel entitled to walk freely around the park sucking on them and blowing huge clouds of smoke all over the place because it's just vapor. We have to stop them as well and every time I do I get the whole spiel about how it's not damaging anyone and blah blah blah.

Comment

My very nice, very well maintained and taken care of apt complex has the same problem. Hoards of people will hang out outside and smoke, and just drop their butts on the ground. Really? I get you don't want to smoke in your apt around your kids etc. but quit being a d*ckhead and pick them up!

I hate to generalize but I've noticed it really only one specific group of people, who shall we say, are not from here and perhaps that's how its done where they're from. Even so, get over yourself and pick them up!

Comment

Down here in southern Cali you may end up getting your ass kicked for doing ANYTHING that could cause a fire. We may be a teeny tiny bit sensitive about fires, especially during fire season which helpfully coincides with drought season. That is not to say we don't have the same stupid people doing the same stupid things but try that around me and

Comment

In one of his books, Neal Boortz boasted of gluing a bunch of butts onto the car of a who dumped his ashtray on a piece of Neal's property.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Totiono View Post
                My recent pet peeve has been those vapor e-cigarettes. So many guests feel entitled to walk freely around the park sucking on them and blowing huge clouds of smoke all over the place because it's just vapor. We have to stop them as well and every time I do I get the whole spiel about how it's not damaging anyone and blah blah blah.

This drives me INSANE! I am a vaper. I have been vaping since 2013. I dont vape where I cant smoke. Yes, its just vapor, but I have one of the devices where I can blow huge clouds if I choose to. I just think its common courtesy not to fog up every place you go to just because its vapor, not smoke. Shit like this is why a lot of people think all vapers are assholes.
                Last edited by MadMike; 10-20-2016, 10:27 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.

Comment

Quoth xxscooterxx View Post
                  This drives me INSANE! I am a vaper. I have been vaping since 2013. I dont vape where I cant smoke. Yes, its just vapor, but I have one of the devices where I can blow huge clouds if I choose to. I just think its common courtesy not to fog up every place you go to just because its vapor, not smoke. Shit like this is why a lot of people think all vapers are assholes.
                  I have to agree and I've been vaping since last year and the device I have currently (pink Kangertech Topbox Nano) can blow some pretty impressive clouds depending on how high the wattage is turned up.

One thing about vaping (aside from it costing me less per month for coils/e-juice compared to smoking a pack of cigs per day) is that I don't have to worry about throwing away unsightly butts or wasting half a cigarette b/c I have time to only get a couple of puffs in before I have to get back to work.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    We had a lady threaten to pee on the floor if we wouldn't let her use the employee bathroom when the customer one was out of order. And it wasn't like she couldn't hold it, at least that's not how acted. She said it like "I know you have an employee bathroom and if you don't let me use it I'll just go right here!"
                    We've had wheelchair SCs demand to use the employee restroom in the basement, and then if they get some poor naive sucker to take them down there in the freight elevator (BIG no-no, but it has happened) they threaten to sue because the restroom in an employee-only area isn't ADA compliant...not required as it's generally only reachable by stairs anyway.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth pudddykat View Post
                      Down here in southern Cali you may end up getting your ass kicked for doing ANYTHING that could cause a fire. We may be a teeny tiny bit sensitive about fires, especially during fire season which helpfully coincides with drought season. That is not to say we don't have the same stupid people doing the same stupid things but try that around me and
                      That right there does break my heart. I live not too far from the Eskrine fire, and I knew a lot of people affected by it. I don't make much money, but I gathered a lot of baby and kids clothes from the thrift store I work at, and a lot of my clean sheets and toys for the little ones.

It was terrible.

On a slightly different thought, I've thought about giving vaping a try. Not because I smoke right now, but because I am a heavy snacker who likes tasting things at all times. I was thinking that some of the flavored vapes would be ideal, but not so sure about that. They'd be lower in calories, at least...

Comment

Quoth Krysalis View Post
                        On a slightly different thought, I've thought about giving vaping a try. Not because I smoke right now, but because I am a heavy snacker who likes tasting things at all times. I was thinking that some of the flavored vapes would be ideal, but not so sure about that. They'd be lower in calories, at least...
                        I would recommend visiting a full service vape shop (MadVapes is excellent - check their website to see if there is one near you, as they are constantly expanding throughout the country) and sample what flavors you might like before you purchase.

I started out w/fruity flavors but I also like coffee flavors. You might like something different from me, so that's why these shops offer so much variety.

There are also online retailers. One I frequent is ECBlends - they offer over 400 flavors and also give customers the option to create their own flavors. They offer a 2.5 oz sample sizes for 2.50 each - you can order as many as you like and see what you like before you purchase a larger size.

Also important is what type of device you're using. The ego (or pen) style is good for beginners. But as you get used to this, a variable voltage/wattage mod might be a good investment. Check with a local vape shop to see what they carry and what they would recommend. You also have to purchase coils to use w/the refillable tanks (they only last a couple of weeks or so before they burn out) so make sure you're keeping those on hand as well as your liquid.

If you have any further questions, drop me a PM - I don't want to hijack the thread any more than I already have.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We're on the 3rd page here, and I'm surprised no one has done this yet...

"There was nowhere to put it!"

That's what she said!
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            We're on the 3rd page here, and I'm surprised no one has done this yet...

"There was nowhere to put it!"

That's what she said!
                            Don't worry, I took notice of the topic title, but did something else with it.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            I don't smoke, but the topic title is still a problem I face every day.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

There's also the fact that, in some areas and even states, no-smoking buildings will *also* prohibit lighting up outside of the place within something like 100 feet of the doors (because smoke travels). Never actually seen it enforced, and even those places leave the ashtrays right next to the doors because they know this. As usual, even nearly-empty ashtrays are invariably surrounded by cig butts.
                              Last edited by EricKei; 12-08-2016, 03:07 AM.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Once when I was at my local Qdoba, eating outside, I suddenly caught a wiff of something smoking. Looking around for the culprit, I finally located a butt that someone THREW INTO DRY MULCH. Yeah, the mulch was starting to catch light. I ran inside, got a cup of water and dumped it out on the place.

SERIOUSLY. I'd have preferred them to pitch it onto the pavement that was everywhere instead of aiming specifically for the decorative FLAMMABLE CHIPPED WOOD.
                                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X