X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bob Blaylock View Post
    Did you say something?

Please get some new material.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
      Speaking of fine mother issues. My mother is left handed, I'm right handed. Want to guess how many things I do left handed Have you ever seen someone write with their right hand in a left hand script style. My handwriting can be fun to watch, the switches between left, right, block, right, left. All in one word too. I thought the way I tied my knots was normal, until someone pointed out that the knots were lefties.
      I am right-handed. My whole family is. I do everything right-handed. I can't do ANYTHING left-handed. If I try writing left-handed, it is virtually illegible. [Oddly enough, with my right hand I have no problem writing in mirror writing, upside down...or both!]; if I throw a ball with my left hand, I "throw like a girl" (nothing against you ladies...best pitcher on my little league baseball team was a girl, and being a catcher, I respect that--but y'all know what I mean); I bat righty, kick righty, even play video games righty (think the old joysticks)...EXCEPT!...for some bizarre reason no one has ever been able to explain, I shoot pool left-handed. And it is not that I can shoot pool lefty...it is that is the only way I can shoot pool. Trying to shoot pool righty is like trying to throw a ball lefty....sickeningly awkward and embarrassing. Amusingly, I was not even aware of the fact that I was shooting pool opposite of all the other righties (including my siblings) until my mother pointed it out when I was 12. Weird!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
        Speaking of fine mother issues. My mother is left handed, I'm right handed. Want to guess how many things I do left handed Have you ever seen someone write with their right hand in a left hand script style. My handwriting can be fun to watch, the switches between left, right, block, right, left. All in one word too. I thought the way I tied my knots was normal, until someone pointed out that the knots were lefties.
        My b/f is a righty, but his dad who raised him is a lefty. His writing is completely illegible since he tries to contort his right hand up and around so that he is basically trying to write upside down, while holding the pen like a lefty in his right hand.

I don't pretend to understand it, but people appreciate it when he brings me along to fill out any paperwork he has to do.

On the upside, he is very ambidexterous in most common tasks. He can swing a hammer with either had depending on the angle, he changes his mouse from left to right when one hand gets fatigued.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I'm ambidexterous, (Both handed for those who don't know.) Everybody though that I was a lefty until my teacher in 2nd saw me writing with my right hand anf it was legible. I had to take these tests and they confirmed it, its convenient for me because I can do two things with my hands and not worry about messing up at all. I prefer writing with my left but I'll go with my right hand every now and then.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            My husband, especially when very tired, has an oddity in his speech recognition. He'll be aware that I'm talking to him, trying to understand me, and completely unable to parse speech. Yes, I'm speaking clearly, and in English (the only language either of us is fully fluent in).
            Classic auditory processing difficulty! It's really interesting how our brains have these glitches sometimes

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post

What those co-irkers did to you Repsac is harrassment. Please tell me you don't work there still?
              Nah. I got fired because my family complaned about some products they bought. I'm owner/manager of Majestic Pictures now.
              Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
                Classic auditory processing difficulty! It's really interesting how our brains have these glitches sometimes

Too true. Have you ever found anything to help with it?

Comment

Quoth amarisse View Post
                  i have an auditory proccessign problem so i can hear fine just it doenst make its way to my brain right. I've gotten written up on plenty an occasion when i didnt react the way they wanted. or thought i was insolent when i appeared to ignore them. It sucks that to disclose things tends ot make people act different.
                  The same happens to me, I haven't done an understanding test, though I should. I have perfect hearing, I know it because I love music, and I can detect every small and single detail and nuance in music. Low or high volume.

But I have a hard time processing human speech, in a perfect situation, with common enunciation (not mumbled, but not spelled out either), and low background noise I will still miss a word or two every phrase or every other phraze I hear. And I have to reconstruct the words from what it sounded like and the context because people get too agitated with me if I ask them to repeat.

When conditions leave idoneal, all hell breaks loose, I've always had problems with non-crisp-clear phone calls, and I miss so much out of the phraze that I normally have to ask them to repeat it whole, and you imagine how much fun that is.

It always was "fun" to me to listen to the radio exchange between pilot and ground control in flights (some planes used to broadcast that in one of the internal audio channels. I guess with 9/11 that's not done anymore) because it'd be to me just like hearing sea waves, I didn't understand how the guys could understand each other.

The problem here is since we're not "legally deaf", it's much harder to deal with uncomprehensive people than if you have an "excuse"
                  I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    I get my new glasses, love them to death, but every now and then, I would get green reflections from behind me. I had no idea what was going on, because the lights behind me were normal, white light bulbs. Finally it dawned on me my glasses must have some kind of correction for that red-green problem I had.
                    Not necessarily, if your glasses are non-glare, some non-glare coatings can add a greenish tint to reflected light.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
                      I'm ambidexterous, (Both handed for those who don't know.) Everybody though that I was a lefty until my teacher in 2nd saw me writing with my right hand anf it was legible. I had to take these tests and they confirmed it, its convenient for me because I can do two things with my hands and not worry about messing up at all. I prefer writing with my left but I'll go with my right hand every now and then.
                      But I guess you have the trouble most of my ambidecterous friends have, don't you? you easily forget which side is left and which is right? or have to actively think to remember it?

Comment

Bliss, I'm ambidexterous and I use to have that problem. I would have to think for a minute to remember.
                        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I have to think in order to remember which is right and which is left. I'm not ambidextrous, but I can use both hands equally for many tasks, and in some tasks I prefer to use my left hand, and in others I use my right.

Comment

I'm ambidextrous and I get left and right mixed up all the time. In my world left is right and right is left which also means that east and west are reversed. Lets just say that giving and getting directions is somewhat of a pain in the ass.

I also have what I call auditory dyslexia. What people say and what I hear are two different things. ie They say "What kind of dog is that?" but I hear "What looking for a bog in there?" It doesn't happen all the time but when it does I usually end up guessing what they actually said. It helps when I can see their lips moving though.

Makes life interesting in sooooo many ways.
                            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I'm a lefty, with both parents and my sister rightys, but Mom is ambidextrous, so she gave me a head start on things when she saw I was a lefty. I still had trouble with some letters in my early school years, though. These days I do some things lefty and some things righty, and some things 'ambi', such as cashing! I learned to drive a standard gearshift with no trouble, either.

As for being hard of hearing, we have a cashier in our store who was that way since birth (car accident before she was born). She has hearing aids in both ears, reads lips and can hear some sounds better than others. She's one of my best buddies, in fact, and has the most hilarious sense of humour. Some of the staff think she's faking the amount she can hear because she can only cash on a couple of tills cuz the 'beep' is louder on them. A nasty old guy made her cry one day when he grabbed her hair, pulled it away from her ears and started yelling at her - all because she asked him to repeat something. What an A**hole! And yes, he's been banned from the store.
                              It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

I did not know that being able to use both hands screwed up you left and right. Ha now I can tell the hubby to go stick it. I have to use a method I learned from an old lady. Your left hand makes an L and that is always left.

I also have a hearing problem I am deaf in my left ear. I got hit behind the ear. I get so mad when I cant hear someone. I cant blame people because my ear doesnt work but I know I get snippy when I have to ask several times. Its getting worse because I work on the phones and beat up my other ear so its getting worse. Sometimes I turn on the TV and realize its really loud. I am just glad to know I am not suffering alone.
                                I before E except after C. We live in a weird society

Comment

Working...
                                X