This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here has ruined Christmas?

Put your hands up now if you have ruined Christmas for an SC, and tell how you did this.

I ruined Christmas for this guy back when I worked in the pet section of the garden centre. I'd just closed my section and was on the door with a collegue to make sure that no more customers could come in the shop; it was five minutes past closing time and the staff at the front had a long queue to deal with already. The remaining staff were scouring the store to make sure that no customers remained, turning off the lights to herd them towards the front.

This guy came to the door and tried to walk past myself and my collegue. We stopped him. He basically thought up every single argument under the sun to make us let him in...

"I only want one thing!"

"It's not that long after closing time."

"I won't be five minutes!"

But no, we wouldn't let him in due to the fact that we wanted to go home and it was Christmas Eve, dammit. Eventually he walked off in a temper after shouting, "I hope you're happy; you RUINED MY CHRISTMAS!!"

Here's a blinkie I made to commemorate the occasion:

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    I likey the blinky!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Put your hands up now if you have ruined

But no, we wouldn't let him in due to the fact that we wanted to go home and it was Christmas Eve, dammit. Eventually he walked off in a temper after shouting, "I hope you're happy; you RUINED MY CHRISTMAS!!"
      <to customer> 'Happy? I'm laughing! Obviously you have poor planning skills to leave your Xmas shopping this late'

What a pillock!

Comment

Oh me, me, I did!
        It happened when I worked at Ames (a now defunct department store here in Massachusetts) Anyway, I had a customer searching for a toy that was popular that year ( I forget what it was) but was sold out everywhere, including my store, I spent almost 30 minutes trying to help him find it and calling the toy stock people to see if we had any in the back (we didnt) I even called another store who had none either. After I told him we had none, he proceeded to flip his lid on me, tell me that I was lazy and that I didn't do enough to help him and that I ruined his kids Christmas by not finding the doll for him. He did this all the way to the exit of the store and screamed he was never coming back. Everyone was staring at him like he was nuts. Me? I just waved and then told him to have a merry christmas.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
          Nice blinky

Did that for several years while working at Media Play.

My thoughts about all the customers I ruined Christmas for.

Not my fault you waited until the last minute for something that we were sold out of.

I also have my own family I would like to spend Christmas with. My family is waiting on me so we can eat as a family. My food is getting cold and people are getting hungry. You won't like me when I'm hungry (yeah ripped off a nice movie quote there, kudos if you get it)

I don't care that you've been banging on our doors for 5 min begging us to let you in. The doors have been locked for 15 min and the last register was closed 10 min ago. You should have planned your shopping schedule better. More points if you waited until after we were walking out to bitch at us for not staying open for your whims.

I do miss retail and the holiday shopping season.
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Sounds like an idea for a contest. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to ruin anyones Christmas.
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Can't say that I've ever been accused of ruining someone's Christmas. I've dealt with plenty of customers who were pissed cuz I couldn't get what they wanted or cuz we had the audacity to close the store at night, but I've never actually been accused of "ruining" a Christmas.

I feel sad.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It happened when I worked at Ames
                Wow someone else who use to work there. I worked at a location in NY in the Jewelry dept. Though... I never really had any SCs there - just someone who stole some earrings once. And I actually liked working Christmas (the overtime looked good when I got my paycheck).

Comment

I ruined a Christmas and a Super Bowl all in one year

I used to take escalated calls for a big box cable company. First call I took from this lady was around December 22nd or 23rd forget the exact date, I know it was before Christmas Eve though. Anyway she was 2 months past due on her bill and was calling to make a payment and have her service reconnected but she needed it done before Christmas. Unfortunately for her all of the techs were booked and of course they were not working Christmas day. Earliest date that was available to have a reconnect done was the next week like December 28 or so. Lady refused to pay if we couldn't turn it on before Christmas. I more or less apologized and told her that just wasn't possible. Thats when I was told I ruined Christmas.

Different customer called the night before the Super Bowl, same scenario as above. I was told I ruined their Super Bowl party.

Comment

I wanna ruin someones Xmas
                    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I ruined four Christmases in one day.

Comment

I work in the Christmas tree lot.

I can ruin their Christmas the day after Thanksgiving because I don't have any "good" trees among the 100 or so I have.

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                          I wanna ruin someones Xmas
                          It's ever so much fun. ^^ You get to enforce store policy and get the bonus of ruining Christmas for an SC; win-win.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Let's see:

I've had the Christmas eve closing SC that I ruined Christmas for.

I had several people whose Christmases I apparently ruined in 2006 because I couldn't magically make Wiis appear in my games store.

And several people last year because I would not turn their phones back on even though they had a massive past due balance.

Another memorable one at the call center was the poor fellow whose phone got disconnected for NON-payment on Christmas day! Yeah that sucks, but our system doesn't know its Christmas, it just sees someone hasn't paid and shuts them off. He called in wanting an apology and a shitload of credit because we "ruined his Christmas".
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I apparently ruined Christmas last night!

It was late and all the kids were asleep, Momma was asleep, Hubby, Brother and Brother in Law were playing a video game and Sister, Sister in Law and I were all on the back porch talking when we decided we wanted some ice cream. So we went to a local gas station that's open 24 hours and were standing there looking through the freezers and deciding what we wanted. We figured it out and went to the front of the store and, before we got there, I saw these two little teddy bears.

They were Christmas bears. One had a little Santa suit on, the other had a little green suit on with antlers. They were cute, they were on sale and they were the last two. So I grabbed them, figuring it would be a good little surprise for Daughter and Son for being so good this week.

So we are going through check out and this woman bursts through the doors and runs to the cashier.

SW: Sucky Woman
                              PC: Poor Cashier
                              ME: Tah-dah!

SW: The bears? Where are the bears?
                              PC: Excuse me?
                              SW: The teddy bears you had in here this morning when I got my coffee! Where are they!?!
                              PC: They must have been sold.
                              SW: WHAT?! Those were mine! I need them!

(at this point she looks around and sees me, bagging our ice cream, holding the bears.)

SW: YOU!! THOSE ARE MY BEARS! (she tries to grab them out of my hand)
                              ME: Excuse me, but those are actually mine.
                              SW: I saw them first! I saw them this morning! THEY'RE MINE!
                              ME: Well then you should have gotten them this morning. As of about a minute and a half ago, they're mine. Or, more specifically, my Son and Daughter's.
                              SW: BUT I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THEM! YOU'VE RUINED MY CHRISTMAS!!

And then she runs out of the store and leaves us all a little confused.

Seriously, you would have thought it was life or death medicine! I mean, they're $5 teddy bears from a gas station. Do you really need them that badly?

So yeah. I got to ruin Christmas!
                              I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Working...
                              X