This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth looney_librarian View Post
    You won't like me when I'm hungry (yeah ripped off a nice movie quote there, kudos if you get it)
    HULK NOM!!

Sorry, I had to throw that one in.
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Ive ruined a christmas before because I left a card out of someones bag on December 17th....

thats right a full WEEK before we closed for christmas

and they lived 15 minutes drive away

But she expected me to drive out to her house and personally deliver it with an apology... Im so mean
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
        You wouldn't believe the people who told me I ruined Christmas when the brand new computer they bought didn't magically take itself out of the box and set itself up. "What do you mean *I* have to set it up? It should have done that itself after we went to bed!" (I'm not kidding, I was told that!)
        Been there. Also the few PCs that didn't work on Christmas day and how dare the TS lines not be open, despite the fact that the salesperson and the CS delivery call would have told them to set it up and check it before Xmas.

At the game store we had quite a few, first one was one game that got released then pulled, I forget the name (They used a BT van skin without consent). No one had any stock but it was still out fault that we didn't have any. The other major one was the Silver PS2 Limited edition release - we were getting them in dribs and drabs for stock but they were being snapped up by people almost immediately. So their misunderstanding of "Limited Edition" became our problem
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
          I ruined christmas due to shortage of Wiis last year. I got alot of "what am I supposed to do now? wah wah wah!" or what do I get my kids now!" like I was supposed to cry and be sympathetic. I didn't care. My kids already had their Wii I bought in June and another my ex bought them in July. I swore that this year if I heard any whining over the Wiis I was going to throw an XBox 360 at them!
          It's called consoling!

consoling - to throw a console at someones head.
          http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
          Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
            It's called consoling!

consoling - to throw a console at someones head.
            Panigg, it's a good thing I was not drinking anything when I read this!

It takes a lot to make me LOL, but you did it! Thanks, I needed that!
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Closest I came to a Ruining Christmas was my first Tour of Duty at the mall record store. Christmas Eve a woman and her husband came in asking for a CD. I showed it to them, then she shakes it in my face and in what I can only describe as a snotty tone says "Best Buy, $9.99!"

I just smile and say, "That's a good price. I'd get it there." She looks at me like I just slapped a baby, slams the CD down and stalks off. Her husband asks my name, and I point to my nametag.

"Well, that's no reason to be rude, RSTG!"

Had I not been too busy going I would have pointed him to my manager to complain to. She likely would have told him the exact same thing.

Comment

I've only seen one case where a retailer truly ruined Christmas for a family. I was at Canadian Tire with a friend at closing time on Christmas Eve (in line at the register), and someone wanted to come in to buy a 40 amp cartridge fuse. Why did they need this at the last minute? The fuse for their stove (which they had been planning to use to cook Christmas dinner) had blown. Clerk wouldn't let them in to buy that one item.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've been ruining people's christmases for at least a month now (they've made sure to tell me so)!

I have either refused to removing the selling restrictions from their accounts so they could list their (supposedly legit) designer crap so they could afford to buy stuff for their kids (oh, the irony there...) or I removed their illegal items from the site, making them lose the sales that would pay for presents for their families, or even suspended them so they couldn't make any more money off of illegal items and made them go get a real job to pay for stuff.

I'd say I ruin about 10-12 christmases a day on average.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post

I have ruined 3 of them and a birthday

I was a cart jockey at Walmart and it was Christmas eve. Ofcourse you would think that since the parking lot is packed. That it would mean that there would be no more carts. But because I cannot pull carts out of my ass nor can I magically make them appear, that I ruined 2 Christmas's - Long story short

Another one, was when I was shopping. Stupid me for wanting to shop when I got paid, which was a week before Christmas. I picked up the last item of what ever it was. And because of that, her childs Christmas was ruined. Can she not shop online? They will be getting more of it in.

Oh yeah and the birthday. Becuase I would not give someone a discount. Hell the owner was standing right there. And I am not going to lose my job by giving you a discount, right after the owner said not too anymore. Wow you wanted the Anime at a lower price. Then find it online, I promise you that it will be cheaper.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Wow, so many people ruining Christmas... we should form a guild. XD
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Or a union! Make it mandatory to have at least one person on staff at each retail store that has "ruining xmas" as part of their job description!

Comment

According to my notes I 've ruined about 25 Christmases, (one fellow told me I ruined his kids' Christmas in June) several Thanksgivings, many birthdays, a couple a anniverseries and graduations, and one woman's arbor day.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                            According to my notes I 've ruined about 25 Christmases, (one fellow told me I ruined his kids' Christmas in June) several Thanksgivings, many birthdays, a couple a anniverseries and graduations, and one woman's arbor day.
                            Arbor Day???? What'd you do, tell the woman to go shove a tree where the sun doesn't shine?
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

What server

wait....

wrong forum, sorry
                              Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I've participated in ruining Christmases by ushering people out of the store because the closing announcement went off 10 minutes ago but there's still somebody wandering around like they have all freaking day.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X