This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a different spin on it.

Rather than say, "When I get rich..." or "If I get rich...." or "If I ever..." I say to myself that I AM rich, it's NOW, not at some unspecified point in the future. Tomorrow, as the saying goes, never comes.

I have a visualization board with pictures of things I want. So far, I have two of the items on the board. I concentrate on already having them, knowing exactly what they look like, the interior and exterior of my dream house, etc. I behave as much as I can as if I already have them.

Comment

Spoil my family to death
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I become rich (don't care about famous), I will:
        1. Build a house with at least four large bedrooms with walk-in closets, three baths, a library, a sewing room and a workout room, plus a heated swimming pool and hot tub.
        2. Establish a college fund for my son.
        3. Buy my mom a new house and help my brother out with upgrading his.
        4. Take a long vacation, maybe travel around Europe or US/Canada.
        5. Lasik (or whichever procedure works best with my eyes), serious dental work (including whitening and straightening), maybe some microdermabrasion and liposuction. Hubby will likely get the same (maybe not the last two, definitely the first two).

It's fun to dream...
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

When I become rich & famous, I will:
          • Find and then buy my dream home.
          • Pay off the remainder of my parents' mortgage for them, and then pay for any repairs/remodeling they need on the house.
          • Buy 2 new cars: 1 fuel-efficient, commuter type car to be my every day car, and also a Corvette, most likely a ZR-1.
          • If I'm still sufficiently wealthy after those things, I'll tell whatever boss I happen to be working for at the time that I'm leaving to take a nice, long, possibly PERMANENT sabbatical!
          • Travel the world, seeing all the places I've always meant to visit, but have never had the time and/or money to do so.
          • Along the way, I'll probably pick myself up a few beautiful trophy wives!
          Yup, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
          "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
          --StanFlouride

Comment

In addition to the usual and expected (big house, rooms for all my hobbies, new cars, etc.) I will open a new store. I will hire all the people on these forums as the staff. Then we'll show those customers who is really right. Bu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'll take quietly rich without the fame for a bajillion dollars (I have too many relatives that would be asking for handouts)

I'll be getting a housekeeper & personal chef. Because I hate cooking and cleaning. I can do it really well, I just hate it.

And of course the obligatory fast car: candy apple red, convertible something... just 'cause, I'll be blonde, with some fabulous cosmetic doctors!
              Make a list of important things to do today.
              At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
              Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Another one for my list... if I become rich, after I take a sabbatical from working, I'm going to check myself into the psych ward for some intensive therapy to help me deal with my various issues. And I'm going to instruct them not to let me out until I'm completely and totally cured of the need to have someone to share my life with. Because people just ain't no damn good, female people especially. So I want the shrinks and therapists to help me learn how to get used to being alone, how to function on my own, so that I can finally just accept that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. That way I won't ever get my heart broken again.
                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                --StanFlouride

Comment

I would like to add on more.

I would set aside a college fund for Tattoo's daughter.

Send money to my old high school and to my college

Gonna be selfish for a moment:
                  Laser hair removal
                  Lasik surgery
                  liposuction
                  all the books and movies I ever want
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

If I'm ever wealthy enough, I want:

A recording studio
                    Many, many musical instruments (and the lessons needed to learn them)
                    Enough space for lots of trees and green growing things
                    ANIMALS. Mini zoo. (I'm weird, I know, but I love critters.)

...so I'd have a large estate......somewhere. Somewhere that isn't blazing hot.
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                      Another one for my list... if I become rich, after I take a sabbatical from working, I'm going to check myself into the psych ward for some intensive therapy to help me deal with my various issues. And I'm going to instruct them not to let me out until I'm completely and totally cured of the need to have someone to share my life with. Because people just ain't no damn good, female people especially. So I want the shrinks and therapists to help me learn how to get used to being alone, how to function on my own, so that I can finally just accept that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. That way I won't ever get my heart broken again.
                      Additional: After that process is complete, I'll retreat to the comfort of whatever home I've purchased, and become a hermit, for the most part. My life will be all about not bumping into other people too much.

Now if only my dream home could be a TARDIS...
                      --StanFlouride

Comment

when i'm rich (no fame, please), i'll have lots of land somewhere not to cold, not to hot. anyone that doesn't want to deal with people too much can live in my forest (yes i have a forest!) in custom built houses.

then i'll buy The Boy out of his military contract. then we shall get married in the most beautifully simple wedding ceremony ever.
                        we'll have my our dream house built with rooms dedicated to crafts for me and gaming for The Boy. he'll also have a walk-in gun safe. it's gonna have an awesome kitchen, awesome theater, a bowling alley, and a pool. i'll be living as far off the grid as possible, so there will be sun panels, my own aquifer, and a garden. throw in some geo-thermal heat for funsies. The Boy will also have his own shop where i'll buy him rust-piles that he can restore as street-rods, hot-rods, or any kind of -rod he wants

i'll buy my brother a house where he can have his dog with him instead of having to give her to a friend. i'll also buy him a kayak.

i'll pay off my parents house and cars. find my mom some medical procedure that will allow her to live completely pain free so she can actually go up stairs again and so she won't be in a wheel chair in the next couple of years. i'll also find someone to fix my dad's wrists so he can go back to leather working. i'll buy them an alaskan cruise or two.

then, because i'm not a total greedy pig (), and because i'm sooooo filthy stinkin' rich (), i'll end all world hunger, disease, and war. there will be peace for ever and ever and unicorns will frolic with fairies!

...and no vampire will sparkle.
                        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                        ^_^

Comment

When I become rich and famous:

I will pay off my student loans (evil things those are)

do erratic things in public and make cryptic public statements to add to my mystery

hire burly body guards with names like 'spike' for the sake of having big burly body guards

have a personal lackey who is proud of his title who will cater to my every whim. He will be Irish. He will wear a kilt.

Actually, the uniform for all men in my life shall be the kilt.

I will write bad romance under the pen name Agnes T. Pasqunio and disavow all knowledge of it.

-And no vampire will sparkle-
                          Green Fairy you're my hero!
                          Last edited by shankyknitter; 04-30-2010, 04:23 AM.
                          Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Kilts are hot. Damn hot.

They just are.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                              Kilts are hot. Damn hot.

They just are.
                              Mr. Exaspera has a kilt. AND the Prince Charlie jacket, the shoes, the sporran, the woiks. Can a guy be hot and adorable at the same time?

I would pay off the house, buy that red convertible Challenger, buy my Mom another house up North (she hates Dallas summers); give a bunch of money to NPR, abused women's shelters, and struggling arts organizations; travel anywhere I want.
                              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

When i win the lottery:
                                1) pay off/Buy mom and dad's house - i like it
                                2) buy them the land to have a custom house built, and pay for it (yes let them continue to live in the now my house -lol)
                                3)pay off my student loans
                                4)finish my History degree
                                5) tour Europe - no less than 6 mos

put the rest in a high-interest savings acct, and live off the interest
                                yes i will help out my older brother (including helping him meet his on-line gf in the Philippeans) and close friends, as far as they need the help and are willing to accept it, with out letting them become dependent upon me.

and of course - hire men in kilts to come clean my house no less than once a week.

a couple things to think about:
                                buying TRF - and not letting the current owner keep his silly stipulation that is preventing its sale now....
                                laser-lipo (sculpting?)
                                laser hair removal (shape brows, and naked from the nose down - no more tweezing, plucking, shaving, etc)
                                the insanely impractical custom sports car
                                a large donation to my favorite Goth club

i'd probably also go back to school for music management/promotion/production etc - hey i live in the "live music capitol of the world" we have A LOT of bands, i want to see that some of them actually MAKE it.. .ya know.

oh yeah, set monies aside for my dream wedding (not that i'm dating) and college fund for any potential children and/or nieces and nephews

*** at least i don't have a spread sheet like my mom does ***
                                Last edited by Treasure; 04-30-2010, 04:50 PM. Reason: language
                                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                                X