This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    Rule #8? I thought Raps inhaled that one night when he got the munchies. . .

BTW, does anyone remember what it was?
    Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    Gonna take a wild guess here...

Rule #8 = Do not forget about Rule #1 ?
    I thought it was Since everyone knows how ignorant those clerks are, you must always remember to tell them to not put the eggs and bread in the bottom of the bag.

From my (semi)memorable post: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2211 The link might not work, so search for the title:
    __________________SUCKY CUSTOMERS GUIDE TO SUPERMARKET SHOPPING
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Now, I live in upstate NY,
      All I had to read was that.
      This past winter has been particularly bad too.

As for the mail boxes we had that issue for a while back in the 80s or so. Most houses where I lived had branded news-paper boxes, so there wasn't any conflict... except for the local free paper. If they put it in the newspaper box, the big-name newspaper got pissy. So they put it in the mail box... until the USPS got pissed.

So they had to go around and put up ugly PVC pipes underneath the branded paper box. I think Dad went and replaced ours with something that looked nicer.

Though for us at least, you'd probably have liked our setup better... with the branded paper boxes. Especially in the snowy hells... i mean hills.

Comment

then you must remember the absolutely strange places that people think is proper placement for an address

as in:
        - a tiny sign hung in a tree 30 feet away from the door facing a direction that is not really visible

- the address number built into the front door stair railing

- behind a tall bush that is NEVER trimmed or cut back

- on the far side of a 3 car garage where the "front lights" barely reach

- on the very top of a very high peak of the porch where no light reaches even though they have lights that could double as a lighthouse seen up close

- hidden behind tons of Xmas displays and lights
        I was at Starbucks the other day, and I overheard people takling about redoing their house with (ostensibly) their friend. The friend commented that the numbers looked tacky, which I figured maybe they're really big and multicolored or something, but evidently the problem was that their numbers were VISIBLE.

"If possible, try to put them somewhere that's hard to notice, so people don't have to look at them. Most architects don't build the numbers into the house, so you'll always have to buy your own. You can't put anything on your door without it looking tacky. I have mine behind the porch railing, so the house stays beautiful."

You know, I'll agree that house numbers aren't PRETTY. But they're THERE FOR A REASON.
        Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

When I moved in, back in 2006, the only house numbers on the place...were on the porch, and practically invisible from the street. I spent about $5 on some black plastic numbers for the garage door. These were eventually repainted...the same shade of blue to match the rest of the trim.

As for the people who don't want to 'ugly up' their house with numbers...anyone want to bet that they'll be the ones that bitch if they don't get their mail, or that the cops (or fire department) can't find the place in an emergency?
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            So they put it in the mail box... until the USPS got pissed.
            Well, yeah, I can understand that, at least It's kinda sorta a felony to put ANYTHING in a maibox unless either you work for the USPS or you're depositing mail that you intend for them to take (last time I checked the DMM, anyway). We do regular "door hanging" for our pizza joint, and we have to make sure to impress upon all of our people that they are never, ever to put flyers/hangers into the actual box or mailslot.

Quoth protege View Post
            As for the people who don't want to 'ugly up' their house with numbers...anyone want to bet that they'll be the ones that bitch if they don't get their mail, or that the cops (or fire department) can't find the place in an emergency?
            I don't take sucker bets 8p
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I don't deliver the paper, but I am the person who gets all the phone calls from the customers either not getting the paper or has a complaint.

We have good and bad carriers, of course. But when I get a phone call from a customer because the paper was not placed where they wanted it (the carrier has a sub) and this is on a good carriers route, I get really mad. One that never gets any complaints, and I sometimes forgot they even carry for us, and this is the first time they have ever had a complaint the first time ever on the route. The customer acts like it is the end of the world and that it better not happen again, or they will quit.
              "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

We are in a deed restricted neighborhood and we have a relatively hard to see (at least at night) house number sign over our garage door. Fortunately we are allowed to also have our house numbers on our mailboxes so we did that with reflective stickers, and I do my absolute best to turn our porch lights and coach lights on wheneve we are expecting someone. Of course, my penny-pinching husband likes to turn the lights off at every opportunity, so if we ARENT expecting anyone and some emergency vehicle has to pay us a visit during darkness hours, I hope they can find us OK. At least we have a street light across the street so maybe it won't be a problem.

When I worked doing food delivery I was always really nervous going up to dark places...
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Pizza Delivery Guys feel just the same way. As do ambulance drivers. How do people not know that you need to clearly mark your house so these folks can see the number?
                  And hospice nurses

My house numbers are on both sides of my mailbox post, and on the door in large gold letters.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I helped a friend deliver papers for a short time. It was in the winter. NEVER AGAIN! The worst was slipping and falling on an iced over sidewalk. My back hurt for a week afterward.

All you delivery people. Thank you for what you do.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                      I thought it was Since everyone knows how ignorant those clerks are, you must always remember to tell them to not put the eggs and bread in the bottom of the bag.

From my (semi)memorable post: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2211 The link might not work, so search for the title:
                      __________________SUCKY CUSTOMERS GUIDE TO SUPERMARKET SHOPPING
                      This?:
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...?t=2211&page=2
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                      X