X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the brain bleach???

Comment

This hurts my brain.

You all did well (you, studly, and polly) in being level-headed enough to get her info and get it reported to emergency crews.
      I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
      "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth Bonnie Bitch View Post
        On Monday, I saw Polly, and she's all better. I printed out the post from Shironu, and she says to say thanks for the well-wishes. <big hug>
        The SC is alive and recovering from the smoke inhalation. When the fire trucks and EMT's arrived, she was halfway out the window.... kind of. She had dropped the phone and was trying to <drum roll, please be seated>.....
        CRAWL BACK INSIDE TO GET IT!!!!!!!!
        A) I'm glad Polly feels better.
        B) It's no longer Carbon Monoxide inhalation here. It's getting dropped on your head as a kid. Repeatedly. Like a basket ball.

Now I've heard of people try to get back in the house for their pets. I understand that, I'd do it for Phantom in a heartbeat.

But for a phone?
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

And then it dawned on me -- Polly needs a "special friend," as we say in coded language. And since being a fag hag has worked out splendidly for me lo these many years, I highly recommended it.
          Indeed, I got a couple of them friends and it works well. They help me decide what to wear for job interviews, and I make sure no one messes with them. :P

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Awggghhh? (brain explodes)

Okay, I'm better now.

Another Darwin Award in waiting.
            In waiting?
            Hell, that might have been an award right there.
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Oh, man, I had to ask, didn't I?

Well, I won't speculate on what might have been her problem, but at least it ended well.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
                That sounded a bit like a prank call... well... until the coughing and shrieking started.
                That's what I was thinking as well . . . thinkin' "what a cruel, cruel joke to play on someone . . ." then the story kept getting worse and worse. Poor Polly, I feel for her, I'm glad she's doing better. Kudos to Bonnie, and to Biff Studly for keeping a level head and getting emergency services.
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

That really is an incredible story. It could have turned out much worse. to Polly and the rest of you!
                  He loves the world...except for all the people.
                  --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                    Indeed, I got a couple of them friends and it works well. They help me decide what to wear for job interviews, and I make sure no one messes with them. :P
                    OMG!! And the shopping trips! When my "special friend" Jack and I go shopping.... OMG! He's the Bargain Queen! Everything I get is cheap and snazzy! And most times, there are cocktails involved afterwards to help us wind down from the shopping experience.
                    Sunday brunch is never dull, either.
                    And I **always** run my new "manpanions" past Jack before anything gets too serious, since my taste in men is.... well.... really crappy.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                      That's what I was thinking as well . . . thinkin' "what a cruel, cruel joke to play on someone . . ." then the story kept getting worse and worse. Poor Polly, I feel for her, I'm glad she's doing better. Kudos to Bonnie, and to Biff Studly for keeping a level head and getting emergency services.
                      The scary parts for me were:

1. As a new employee, I didn't know how to look up EMS/911 numbers for other calling areas, so I'm glad Biff was nearby

2. When Polly had her meltdown and locked herself in the ladies' room.

Yeahyeahyeah, I'm a nurturer/caregiver ... who knew?

Comment

OMG!! And the shopping trips! When my "special friend" Jack and I go shopping....
                        Not a shopper, I have the fashion sense of a fratboy. I take that back, I bathe and do laundry, but I just can't coordinate.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                          Not a shopper, I have the fashion sense of a fratboy. I take that back, I bathe and do laundry, but I just can't coordinate.
                          Same here! It's genetic, too. My sister (Beverly Bitch, RN) is just as clueless about fashion as I am. Hell, she wears scrubs to work -- usually neon-orange tops with fuscia bottoms. She thinks that's cool. Jack spotted her doing that once. He went upstairs to her room and organized her scrubs into color-coordinated ensembles, complete with the appropriate surgical hat.
                          OMG -- and the infamous "Bonnie's Closet" incident........ <hanging head in shame>
                          All I can say is.... Thank GOD ALMIGHTY for my gays!
                          Plus, Jack's cute, and he's always willing to be my "date," if he's not <coughcough> busy <coughcough>.
                          It works out well, 'cause if I get hit on by some dirtbag, I introduce Jack as "my boyfriend/fiancé/friend with benefits." All of which is true.
                          And when I get hit on by someone who isn't a dirtbag, I say, "Oh, and this is my gay, Jack." He likes that one. It makes him giggle.

Comment

Can I borrow Jack for a shopping expedition/wardrobe overhaul?
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I need to borrow Jack. Not only do I need to overhaul my wardrobe, but I have a fussbudgetty gay acquaintance who really needs to loosen up, and he's not going to listen to a wummun.

Comment

Actually, my sis Becks has a new gay at-work boyfriend who is going to bring along HIS gay friend so all four of us can go shopping. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Now I just need to get out to NJ.
                                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X