This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Raveni View Post
    I notice that you didn't mention them paying.
    In UK pubs you pay when you order.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
      What's strange though is that while they were clearly intentionally wasting time before finally sitting down to eat, they didn't ask for the meals to be comped; they asked for them to be replaced. What would they have gained from that? Unless of course they asked for them to be comped after they got the replacement meals.
      That's what I thought. I didn't sense a scam. I just sensed stupidity.

Also, they had already paid so we didn't lose out on anything

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        Me: They’ve just left their food unattended. I bet you they complain.
        So when did you collect?
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          They were looking for the meals to be comped. Then they'd have taken them home and warmed them up.
          I agree completely!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            "Because we don't cook it with an acetylene torch, and serve it to you with asbestos silverware."
            Personally, I would have gone with, "Because of the laws of thermodynamics."

Comment

Quoth Scorpodael View Post
              Personally, I would have gone with, "Because of the laws of thermodynamics."
              In this household we obey the law of thermodynamics!
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                In this household we obey the law of thermodynamics!
                "I refute the second law of thermodynamics."
                "The hell you do. Get back in the box."

Ah, Mac Hall...
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

That is just damn ridiculous! I only complain if it's immediately after I receive my food, I mean like 1-5 minutes have passed. And that's only ever been DQ at the mall- oddly enough.

Comment

I lean more towards these two being stupid rather than scam artists. From the way it was described by CRML, they seemed genuinely surprised (and angry) that their food was cold by the time they got to it.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    No one is that stupid to believe they actually expected warm food after the fact.
                    27 years of experience in the food service industry (and in the work force) tells me you are dead wrong on that one.

There are plenty of people who really ARE that stupid. Shall I start citing examples from my own history? Or can I simply use this very website as "Exhibit A"?

Quoth siskaren View Post
                    What's strange though is that while they were clearly intentionally wasting time before finally sitting down to eat, they didn't ask for the meals to be comped; they asked for them to be replaced. What would they have gained from that?
                    More evidence that they were brainless, rather than trying to work a con.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Shall I start citing examples from my own history? Or can I simply use this very website as "Exhibit A"?
                      Examples are always fun, though you certainly can point to this site.

Comment

I lean more towards these two being stupid rather than scam artists. From the way it was described by CRML, they seemed genuinely surprised (and angry) that their food was cold by the time they got to it.
                        that's what i'm leaning towards too. that they actually thought food would sit and stay warm for 30 minutes while exposed to open air

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                          Examples are always fun, though you certainly can point to this site.
                          Alrighty then, examples of people who really are that stupid? Easy peasy. From my own experience:

The guy who asked how to get upstairs, after being pointed to the stairs.

The guy who asked if Mount Gay Rum was a rum designed for gay people to drink.

The woman who asked if I could make her a virgin Shirley Temple.

The woman who asked if we put cheese on our nachos.

The people who asked for nachos without meat, then when it came out, asked where the beef was.

The woman who asked what kind of fish we used in our "Key West Grouper" dish.

The woman who asked me where Duval Street was...while standing on Duval Street.

The woman who told me that my two dollar bills would be "worth something someday."

The people who told my coworker how excited they were to be in the Bahamas. Key West is hundreds of miles from the Bahamas. And isn't, in fact, the Bahamas.

The people who have asked us if we take American money here in Key West, Florida.

The people who have asked my friends what kind of fish they could catch under the island.

The woman who asked a boat captain if he could get them "closer to the sunset."

The people who ask how many times a day we have the Sunset Celebration.

The people who ask when the next Sunset Celebration that day will be.

The woman who told the photographer that they would have to have sunset earlier to accommodate her wedding photo shoot.

The people who have asked if they could drive their scooters out to the reef. Not a bar named The Reef, mind you. But the coral reef.

The people who have asked if there was a gift shop at the reef.

The people who have asked how long the Seven Mile Bridge is.

The woman who said that she didn't realize the Seven Mile Bridge was seven miles LONG--she thought it was seven miles HIGH.

The guy who asked my friend if, with all those thousands of people gathered on Duval Street for New Year's Eve, did the island ever tip?

The people who have asked where the bridge/tunnel to Cuba was.

The people who have asked if they could see Cuba from the Southernmost Point. You know, because it's ONLY 90 miles. (As every "90 miles to Cuba" sign around town points out.)

The people who ask the bartender serving them, "Do you live here?"

The people who ask why it isn't always sunny here....on this tropical island.

These are just the ones that I remember off the top of my head, without having to look up old stories, and without even trying to remember some of the dumber stuff I experienced in my job before I got to Key West.

You say "no one is that stupid." I, on the other hand, have absolutely no problem believing that people are not only THAT stupid, but often far, FAR stupider!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

The people who asked the captain to get them closer to the sunset sound like the same type of people who would ask the rail guides to do something about the trees so they could get a better picture of Mt. Denali when I was in Alaska.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                              Also... who smokes right before eating? I mean, I'm not a smoker, but wouldn't the taste of the smoke still be on your palette before you chow down on your delicious food?
                              I did, because that's how to best get the cigarette taste out of your mouth. The taste doesn't last beyond the first two bites or so. Its not that strong.

Comment

How about all those idiots who try to point coins in a bill acceptor of a self checkout when the damn coin slot is right next to it?? I could MAYBE cut a little slack on trying to fold up a bill and stick it in the coin slot but not vice versa. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X