X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reddit CEO gives the smackdown on an employee

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...-1227082208284

So a former Reddit worker posts an AMA about Reddit, then starts blathering about why he was fired. Cue the CEO calling him out and making an EPIC post as to why he was fired. Even better, the guy apparently signed some kind of agreement that is meant to prevent him shooting his mouth off at other employees and in return, Reddit would give him a mildly positive reference. NOw he's lost that reference
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I saw that thread. I'm still not sure whether he signed or not, but many companies kinda imply that in both directions, as a sort of "implied courtesy/societal contract" thing. That being said, the terminated guy went and ran his mouth in a very public way, so that kinda violated it either way. Note that he already has a new job. Makes me wonder how the higherups *there* see him after this, as it was quite public.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wow. What an epic smackdown, indeed.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I done think that stupid ex-reddit employee just got hit with a PWNZER.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          I saw that thread. I'm still not sure whether he signed or not, but many companies kinda imply that in both directions, as a sort of "implied courtesy/societal contract" thing. That being said, the terminated guy went and ran his mouth in a very public way, so that kinda violated it either way. Note that he already has a new job. Makes me wonder how the higherups *there* see him after this, as it was quite public.
          Over here we have a saying: "Don't take a shit in your own nest."
          This guy took it over the classic "FaceBook work rant" and WAY beyond!

So, yeah, I think he's some 'splainin' to do to his new employer.
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
          X