Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't you WALK DOWN THERE AND SEE ... ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you WALK DOWN THERE AND SEE ... ?

Our front registers are close to one end of the store. You can stroll waaaay down the main aisle and see lots of other stuff before you get to the lumber department at the other end of the store.

Mildly annoying customer today, stopping in front of my register with some items in her cart: "Are there any more clearance sales down there?" ... waving at the remainder of the aisle.

Uh, lady, I just got here 10 minutes ago ...

I said apologetically and honestly that I did not know.

Hate to break it to you, lady, but I do not have every clearance special in the store memorized.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Do we have clearance Clarence?
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      Do we have clearance Clarence?
      Roger, Roger.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

What's our vector, Victor?

Comment

...And don't call me Shirley.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The oil pressure, I forgot to check the oil pressure. When Kramer hears about this, the shit's gonna hit the fan
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Roger, Roger.
              HUH?

10char and Roger says huh everytime
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

It looks like I picked the wrong week to quit alcohol.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Just remember, the White Zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no parking in the Red Zone.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                      It looks like I picked the wrong week to quit alcohol.
                      I think I might need to start ...

I take it these are all pop culture references ... which I do not get ...
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Fortunately, they are all references to the same thing: the 1980 (according to IMDB) movie Airplane!
                        If you're entertained by puns and sight gags, definitely check it out.
                        NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

It reminds me of when someone would walk up to me at the fabric store and hold up a swatch or other item and say "do you have this color fabric?" Um, unless it was black or white, I'm going to have to go and physically look, if you hold up some specific shade of blue/green/pink I'm not going to be like "ah yes we have that EXACT shade!" And that's not even addressing the question of what type of fabric they want, quilters cotton, fleece, etc. I'm not made of magic, and if I was, I'd use the magic to win the lottery or something. And since I'm not, you'll have to follow me around while I look for that shade, and you'll have to actually help me because I have no idea how picky you are about the color.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth wynjara View Post
                            Fortunately, they are all references to the same thing: the 1980 (according to IMDB) movie Airplane!
                            If you're entertained by puns and sight gags, definitely check it out.
                            Airplane! (1980) is tongue-in-cheek remake of the movie Zero Hour (1957). Descriptions include spoilers.

To truly appreciate all of the jokes in Airplane watch Zero Hour first.

Airplane trailer.

Zero Hour Trailer.

Airplane and Zero hour comparison. Includes spoilers.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I envy anyone who hasn't seen Airplane! yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X