This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Math skills!

This is just a little tidbit, but I entered the office of my job today to find a interesting complaint had been faxed in. Complaints called to corporate get faxed to the appropriate offending store, and thusly I had this little gem to read. Unfortunately, it cut off at a certain point.

"I was just in [store location] yesterday. I ordered a combo 2 which is priced at $5.29 (she was reffering to the after-tax price, and she was indeed correct in that statement). But the register rung it up as $5.39, overcharging me $.11! And when I brought it up to the mathematically-challenged attendant at the regis...."

Wait a minute....who's mathematically challenged here?
    That's all I was able to salvage from the message. Besides the obvious irony of her statement, I also found it laughable that the customer was subtley implying that she and only she was overcharged for a meal that hundreds of other people purchase from us on a daily basis. I checked out the register and it rings up everybody else correctly. Perhaps the register doesn't like her? And no, she just happens to not have the receipt.

A penny isn't much of an error, and one I might have not even noticed had the difference NOT been a perfect $.10. I love the metric system by the way.

Ever wondered why we use it for everything down here?
    I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Or up here?
      "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
      -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

Working...
      X