Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in Tarnation Do You Think We'd Know That?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in Tarnation Do You Think We'd Know That?

So Hanna got a call. I didn't know who was calling. I assumed it was the user.

They wanted to know what version serial number X#### was at. Hanna found it in the database and it shipped to a reseller on the very date that version 4 came out in May 2002. She came to ask me if that meant it was at version 4. I wasn't sure. Half our staff is gone, but the customer can find out for sure by going to the About box.

Hanna left. I got back to doing my things.

Hanna comes back. She had informed them that the product shipped to [Wild Bill's Computers] on 5/xx/2002 and told me that they then asked her when the end user bought it.

We get this sometimes from end users who buy from resellers. They don't understand that we don't control our resellers or have access to their records. We are always polite about it, but it gets old sometimes.

So I figured Hanna was blowing off steam about that issue and jokingly/sarcastically replied to Hanna, "Gee, why don't you ask [Wild Bill's Computers] when you bought it from them?"

"No," Hanna replied, "it was [Wild Bill's Computers] who wanted to know."
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Quoth Dips View Post

So I figured Hanna was blowing off steam about that issue and jokingly/sarcastically replied to Hanna, "Gee, why don't you ask [Wild Bill's Computers] when you bought it from them?"

"No," Hanna replied, "it was [Wild Bill's Computers] who wanted to know."
    Doh! You do know this is your fault right? You're supposed to be psychic, didn't you get the memo?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Working...
    X