This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to put this...

This could go under sightings, morons in management and sucky customers, a bit of everything happened.

I went into work, and a co-worker of mine wasnt happy.

CW: I was put down to come into work at five, but now theres been a rota change and I'm not due to start for an hour! I can't believe I rushed to get here!
    Me: Oh well, never mind. It's quiet out there, there won't be much to do, so its an extra hours pay.
    CW: Yeah I suppose so.

I walk out the back.

Me: *to manager* Can I have a copy of todays rota? Just to see who's on tonight.
    Manager: *looks surprised* Oh, OK. *hands me rota*
    Me: Ummmm, why is <co-worker> the supervisor on tonight? Where's my name?
    Manager: Well, you're not working tonight are you?
    Me: What??
    Manager: *gets weekly rota* Yeah, look, customersruinmylife, thursday, off.
    Me: This isn't the same rota I saw on Monday!
    Manager: Oh, we had to make a few changes on Tuesday.
    Me: And no one called me?
    Manager: Well, ummm...
    Me: OK, I'm going home.
    Manager: Sorry, I thought whoever made the change would have called you. It wasn't me.
    Me: It's OK. Ah well, have fun tonight.

I walk out front. The co-worker that came in an hour early was on the bar.

Me: Oh my God! I'm not working anymore! They changed the rota and I'm off!
    CW: What????
    Me: Yeah, I guess I'll get myself a drink and...

The customer at the bar suddenly jumps in.

SC: And you'll get to work! Shame on you! Going home and leaving this poor girl to work!
    Me: Ummm...what?
    SC: You can't leave! You've got your uniform on!
    Me: Umm, I can leave when I want. *I pour myself a drink*
    SC: Gasp! What? What? What are you doing?
    CW: He's not working! He's entitled to have a drink too you know.
    SC: You should be ashamed of yourself.

He walked off. I'm a bit stunned. I put my coat on and went to sit down, and was stopped by FOUR customers on my way to a table!

i.... what??? i think this belongs here because of what the costumers did to you, though you may wanna post on morons in management just for the random schedule change.

You are so alloud to drink when you are *OFF* and who are they to judge you not working when your coworker is on....

Bad SCs!! bad *gets out her whip and gives the SCs a lashing* BAD!!!!

Comment

What the crap? I mean heck if there was a line 20 deep and one person was manning the whole area by themselves and I saw someone IN UNIFORM just nonchalantly walking around, I might give an evil glare for leaving the poor girl to herself - BUT I certainly wouldn't "tell you to get to work" - that's not MY job as the customer - that's your manager's job. And if some idiot changed the schedule and didn't let anyone know - then you came dressed appropriately for work, was told you weren't working, and BECAME a customer at that moment. And how the heck would they know if you were on break of not? There are mandatory breaks you're supposed to take - ugh these customers were all idiots - and so was the person who changed the schedule.

Comment

Working...
      X