This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth myswtghst View Post
    Also, I've run my car up and over those barriers many a time. I drive a Jetta, which has a low front end, and a "bumper cover" under the bumper, which I've pulled off the car more than once. Only once has the bumper itself come unhinged, and that was after a bad accident, an even worse repair job, and me going over some really bumpy train tracks at high speed. Oops. Yeah, it sucks, but I also realized it was my own fault. I mean, geez. Death of personal repsonsibility much, anyone?
    My mom had a '92 Jetta. Everything mechanical was as solid as you'd expect with a VW, but the electrical system and the metal & plastic trim parts were all junk. There was a 5-year span when Jetta's had issues, and '92 was smack dab in the middle of it. Consumer Reports gave them a 2 out of 5 on the electrical for that year.

Her front skirt (the plastic around the bottom edge of cars is called a skirt) came off due to my aunt being unable to stop before going past parking curbs and it damaged the mounting points so that it couldn't be reattached.

What the hell is it with people who can't be arsed to learn where the boundaries of their cars are?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hitting things sucks. I tapped the wall at the garage near where I used to work. I'd just bought the Mazda the previous weekend, and wasn't quite used to it. Didn't do any damage, other than putting a little ding in the bumper. I still can't always tell where the car's edges are though--my depth perception sucks--so I'm always careful when maneuvering in tight spaces.

I've managed to scrape the bumper on the ground several times in the older sections of town. Usually though, it's not the plastic bumper that gets scraped, but the two chassis tow hooks underneath.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
      X