Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, You Can't Study on the Floor. Not Yours.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, KB, since he is blocking off access to your property (I'm assuming your rent includes the garage), then you have every right to get his boat towed.
    I dunno about the States, but in SA, if someone blocks your driveway, it is legal for you to get them towed.

I can't imagine sprawling out on the floor of a SHOP as if it is my home. First of all, you have NO idea what's on the floor! Second of all, I'm sure people do not want to see you in your natural habitat - altho, the store could charge a fee to see the "Inconsiderate Ingrate" in action...
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
      Hint: Begins with an L. Ends with Ibrary.
      NO! they are miserable, unreasonable and probably demented. I suggest instead they play a game instead. It involves blindfolds and a busy dual carrigeway.
      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
        I can't imagine sprawling out on the floor of a SHOP as if it is my home.
        Actually, I can think of one instance where it is not only acceptable but also completely appropriate: a carpet shop! After all, just like furniture, you have to "test drive" it!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Ew. Sprawling out on the floor of a public place?!?!? :shudders:
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

One complex I lived at, everyone was allowed two vehicles, but one could be parked in front of the building, the other had to be parked across the street. Now, to tell the difference, your parking sticker was either black (by building) or red (across street), and the stickers also had the building number and apartment number on them. There were several vehicles should have been parked across the street, but they continued to park in front of the building. So I started making a list containg the vehicle info (type, plate number, sticker info) and date/time it was parked in front of the building. And once a week I'd go drop it in the mail slot of the complex manager. Then a few days later there'd be a notice sent around about vehicles parked in the wrong lots, and I know the owners of the vehicles were talked to because I'd see they had started parking across the street.

Comment

I know that in California, if some jerk parks their car so that it even partially blocks your driveway, you can have it towed immediately.

Otherwise, you have to wait till the vehicle is there 72 hours (report it after 24 hours, anyway, just in case), then the vehicle is legally "abandoned" and can be towed.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                I have two parking spaces. I only have one truck. My friends use the extra space when they visit. Otherwise, I leave it empty. I paid for the condo and two spots. Mine. Easy enough, right?

Are your spots next to each other? If so, I would park in the exact middle of them.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

We had a similar parking problem at the apartment complex I lived in during college--tiny complex, even tinier parking lot. Each 2-BR apartment got two parking spots, even though we had three girls living in our apartment. Somehow, we made do and got a spot for the third car across the street on campus, and she paid less in rent to make up for having to pay for parking.

My neighbors actually had a car towed after it parked in their paid-for, covered parking spot twice. They were quite disappointed after our complex failed to do anything about that, and failed to do anything after the towing when the bumper was stomped off my neighbors' car, apparently in retribution for a well-earned towing.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

In my complex each condo has one spot in covered but there is alot of visitors parking so anyone one with two (or three or four cars) parks there, so we dont normally have a problem because most people will tow on sight.

What problems we do have are A) creepy guy upstairs.... He doesnt work and has like three cars.... and during the day he parks them where ever he wants. One day when we got home one was in my spot. So my brother went upstairs and chewed him out, and told him next time he would be towed.
                    B) Motor cycles, as far as i can tell only two people own them and use actual spots, anyone else must do the smart thing and lock them up in their patios (one uses her covered parking and has a chain that i doubt super man could break on it) but the other guy is just a jerk. If s/he comes home and finds the first three spots taken near the walk way next to building two (my building) he just parks in FRONT of any car they like. Next time i see it im calling the towing company because thats double parking.

Another problem i had i think is funny. My complex basically a bus stop, its right on the street infront of us in front of the sign. So we have a bunch of stupid elementry and highschool kids there in the morning and afternoon. a few monthes ago when we where putting some stuff in out patio we noticed a scooter there. We dont own a scooter. So a few days ago i hear a crashing in the patio and run out there thinking someone was trying to break in our apartment or something (I'm a scary B*tch and i can beat any mans ass if i set my mind to it) and find some 11 year old kid trying to climb back over our wall. apparantly he lived two blocks away and used his scooter to get to the bus stop, but wasnt alloud to take it to school, so he stashed in our patio because it was covered an protected. I told him it was ok (we can't us our patio for anything but storage, ouy landlord won't fix out doors) but he should have come up and asked and the next time the person whos space he's violating wont be so kind.

Comment

Are your spots next to each other? If so, I would park in the exact middle of them.

I have been. Drives the neighbors NUTS. But apparently, the concept of bought-and-paid-for is foreign to them.
                      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Otherwise, you have to wait till the vehicle is there 72 hours (report it after 24 hours, anyway, just in case), then the vehicle is legally "abandoned" and can be towed.

^-.-^
                        I don't know what the law is here...but many property owners do not tolerate having their driveways blocked. Rural areas in particular. Quite a few places in SW PA are well away from major roads. Access is usually by dirt, or gravel road, sometimes controlled by a gate. I've heard stories about people leaving their cars along certain roads...only to find them gone when they return. Imagine being 10 miles outside the nearest town...in the middle of nowhere!
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Blocked driveways are another matter entirely. Around here, you can get those towed right away.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Years ago, I saw this hiliarious letter about how this one guy fixed a repeat driveway-blocker. I think it was in the Ann Landers column.

The offender always did it on Sundays to go to churce, so on Saturday night, the owner parked along the street instead of in the driveway. Sure enough, the blocker parked in front of his driveway again. This time, the owner parked his car up against the front of the guy's car, and borrowed his mother's car, and parked it up against the back of the guy's car, completely blocking it in.

When the guy came to the owner's door and asked him to move the car so he could leave, he said, "Sure! No problem!" But suddenly, he got "sidetracked" by one thing after another, and didn't get around to moving his car for a couple hours. When he finally moved, the other guy tore out of there, and never came back.

I like his style.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike
                              When the guy came to the owner's door and asked him to move the car so he could leave, he said, "Sure! No problem!" But suddenly, he got "sidetracked" by one thing after another, and didn't get around to moving his car for a couple hours.
                              We did a very similar thing once, although the guy was parked IN our driveway. It was raining hard and nobody came out to move the car after a couple of beeps and I was going to be damned if I was going to get wet trudging over the the dolts' house to ask his friend to move the damn car already.

So we pulled in behind him and blocked him in our driveway.

Long story short, he spent the next 45 minutes alternating between waiting in his car, trudging to our door several times and standing on our unsheltered front porch waiting for us to answer the door.

See, we couldn't for the life of us find our umbrella and didn't he know it was raining pretty hard?

We didn't have any problem with THAT one again, but still had issues with the idiots and their other friends...

Another time we came home and found that the dolts' had plowed out only the part of our driveway they liked to park in. So we parked in the plowed part, thanks a bunch.

They didn't like us much.

We didn't care.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                                The one time, I parked there, they left a not stating that I will be towed next time.
                                Every time I went to pick my kids up at my ex's house, there would be someone parked in his spot. Finally I left a note on the guy's windshield (my ex is so incapable of confrontation, it's sad) saying "Please stop parking in my assigned spot. thank you". Polite and to the point. Next day, guy goes up to my ex's door and hands him $60. Says "is this enough to use your spot?" Ex was happy, gave me a cut I still have nowhere to frigging park when I pick the kids up though! LOL
                                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                                X